Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eating a HUGE breakfast before the gym?

2»

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    I don't work out too close to a meal. I also wouldn't eat a huge meal just because I knew I would be working out soon after. I only eat what I need each meal and to the point of feeling satisfied (not full).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,888 Member
    The question is: How big is number 2 after that big breakfast?

Nope, not for me. In fact I don't even eat breakfast and train fasted in the morning. My first meal is usually around 12:30-1pm.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I don't know about 1200 calories, since I eat big dinners, but I like a full brunch before working out. Exercise makes me hungry and I usually run or lift for about an hour. I have no energy and am miserable if I don't eat first. I'm more likely to get dizzy and sick from hunger than exercising on a full stomach.
  • kal900
    kal900 Posts: 69 Member
    edited March 2017
    when im up at 5.30 and not going to the gym till 8 I'll have 150g plain skyr yoghurt, 50g fruit, 8g chia and 25g bran sticks (300ish cals) .... but if im at gym for 6.30 ill just have a banana and eat brunch when i get back. Not noticed any detriment for lack of cals beforehand
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Ugh, I think I'd puke at the gym if I did that!

Same. If i eat anywhere near 2-3 hours before the gym i'm definitely going to be sick; especially such huge volume.

i have major issues working out on a full stomach ...
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    I eat a big breakfast and then hit the tennis courts often, (gym is usually in the afternoon). On occasion it's been as high as 1200, but rarely less than 650. Is it just because it's morning that it's so weird to people? Is it equally weird to have a big dinner and then go to the gym after?