What stretch mark cream have you had success with?

NavajoGirl85
NavajoGirl85 Posts: 164 Member
I have tried a couple and it takes a little while to see results. I start to see results but then no matter if I keep using it like recommended it never works past a certian point. What do you use?

Replies

• lennyt91
    lennyt91 Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2017
    I use Save My Skin from Pure Romance. It's in a little spray bottle.
    Then I use Palmer's Tummy Butter on top of the spray.
    Hope this helps!!
  • theVintageWhorde
    theVintageWhorde Posts: 43 Member
    Palmer's Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E in the jar. You can get a 7.25oz from Walmart for $7. I apply it to my stretch marks twice a day. I like the formula in the jar as it is thicker than the lotion and it keeps my skin moisturized all day. I noticed the marks started to fade after a month. I also use it on areas prone to stretch marks (i.e. my butt and tummy) to prevent stretch marks. I've used Bio Oil in the past and had success with it, but who wants to spend $30 on a small bottle of oil?
  • NavajoGirl85
    NavajoGirl85 Posts: 164 Member
    Can they not be faded? I understand that they can't be rid of but wasn't sure if there was something that can fade them at all. Thanks for all the replies.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    If they're silvery/white they've faded as much as they're going to.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Can they not be faded? I understand that they can't be rid of but wasn't sure if there was something that can fade them at all. Thanks for all the replies.

They fade from red to semi skin tone naturally. If you're already at that point there's nothing more you can do.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    I was up to 360 pounds and had/have no stretch marks. This is from e medicine health as far as causes and treatments....Stretch marks may occur during various phases of life, may be related to increased cortisol (a hormone produced by the adrenal glands) secretion or be associated with increased body mass. The most common cause of stretch marks is pregnancy, and pregnancy-associated stretch marks are medically known as striae gravidarum. It is thought that the rapid growth of the baby may play a role in their development, but not all pregnancies produce stretch marks. A relationship between pregnancy, obesity, and increased stretch marks has been reported. In obesity, it is thought that the stretching of the skin with weight gain causes the scars, but stretch marks have also been observed in people who experience a rapid increase in muscle mass with weight lifting. Taking some medications, such as corticosteroids like prednisone, may also produce stretch marks.

A variety of products can be purchased over the counter for improving the appearance of stretch marks. There are anecdotal stories of cocoa butter, emu oil, vitamin E, and other oils aiding in the prevention and treatment of stretch marks. Another option is an over-the-counter moisturizing cream for stretch marks containing onion extract with hyarolunic acid and centella asiatica, which is in development. The most common dermatologist-recommended treatment for stretch marks is massage. Massaging the skin in a circular motion with oil on the finger to reduce friction is helpful in stretching the skin collagen and elastin, making it more pliable and more normal appearing.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Time will help fade them. Moisturizing and taking generally good care of your skin is always a plus, but it won't necessarily help or speed the process. Whether or not you get stretch marks is largely genetic. I have a whole tummy full of them to show for my two pregnancies, and I have friends who had larger babies and got none.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Time and patience have given me excellent results. Plus, they're free. :)
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    I use coconut oil. As everyone here says, you can't get rid of them, but my skin's looking pretty good these days, just saying ;)
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    I use time and patience. They eventually fade on their own- no creams needed.
  • vinylmotel
    vinylmotel Posts: 4 Member
    I don't think you can really get rid of stretch marks but they can fade before they turn silver. I use Bio Oil twice a day, everyday. Then on top of that I use Palmers Cocoa Butter cream. Honestly I have noticed my stretch marks aren't as noticeable. :)
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    With my weight loss they have visibly diminished and are hardly noticeable now.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    save you're money and buy protein powder instead; those are yours for life sadly.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    bio oil is the only thing that is clinically proven to reduce scars/stretchmarks.....in canada anyway. I bought it for a child that has a huge scar from surgery but she doesn't like tje feel of it. I haven't tried.it but should
  • beth0277
    beth0277 Posts: 217 Member
    I don't think any topical creams will help, sadly. But if they really, really bother you, a dermatologist can use a laser on them to diminish their appearance. This is not cheap, of course. I've also seen recently where some people have gotten skin tone color tattoos to "cover" them. It looked really good!
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Nothing to do but wait. Years.
    I still have some from a growth spurt @ 12-13. I am decades older now. They do look much better, but they are very much still there after all sorts of "treatments".

Maybe if you are really good about moisturizing prone areas before you get them it might help, but there was no way I could've predicted where mine were. Once they show up as red marks, you're stuck...

Just Googled some before/after pics... Results are still not good enough for me!! Looks like maybe 30-75% reduction to my eyeballs. They are still visible, FYI.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    I just moisturizer regularly with coconut oil. Mine eventually just faded, I have them on my inner thighs and you reach a point where you don't care about them anymore! I look at them like I look at other scars I've gotten, meh they're there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!