Lunch-chicken salad 280 cals
Snack -1 biscuit (naughty I know)
Dinner -chicken,new potatoes,veg
Snack -1 slice whole meal toast with tiny bit strawberry jam
Water

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    That's no where near too much. What's the total calories?
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm not the best one to give advice but are you weighing and measuring what you eat (ie: tiny bit of strawberry jam?)? I guess it's hard to tell by what you shared because I doubt you eat the same thing every day and you didn't share the amount of food. But what you shared looks good for a day and if you are staying within your goal for that day then that's all that matters.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2017
    Not even close. Actually might not be enough, but can't say for sure without knowing how much of anything or anything about you.

There is nothing "naughty" about a biscuit. It's a carb and easily fit into a healthy diet.
  • sarahlou23xx
    sarahlou23xx Posts: 20 Member
    According to the diary it's 1406 cals...
    I do 1 hours walking per day so I'm assuming I'm burning some calories off.
    By 5pm tho I'm starving and feeling light headed slightly so might need to add a better snack
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    According to the diary it's 1406 cals...
    I do 1 hours walking per day so I'm assuming I'm burning some calories off.
    By 5pm tho I'm starving and feeling light headed slightly so might need to add a better snack

You need to add more fat and protein, and eat back half the cals you burn from walking.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Not definitely not too much if it's 1406
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Unless you ate the entire chicken and a 3-lb bag of potatoes, I seriously doubt it. Food isn't naughty, having a treat isn't naughty. Food is fuel, and treats are delicious (and very important to my mental health, personally!)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    It really depends on the calories, not what you're eating. A banana is variable in it's weight, bread weight can also vary. What kind of biscuit, and why is that naughty? How much chicken, potatoes and how much/what kind of veg?

How much has been calculated for you to eat daily (not what you pick, what was calculated through MFP or somewhere else)? Are you weighing or at least measuring foods before entry to ensure that they are accurate, or eyeballing? How many calories is this coming up to a day?

To be able to determine things, we need as much detail as you're able to provide us. Since foods can vary so much, it's important for as much accuracy as possible, especially if you do not have much weight to loose.
  • sarahlou23xx
    I'm not sure how many calories I should be eating really.
    I'm 5ft 7 31 yrs old and weigh 9 stone 10lbs
    I would like to get down to 8stond 7lbs
    I've set my diary to 1/2 pound a week
  • sarahlou23xx
    According to diary i should be eating 1600 but sometimes struggle to get that many
  • Afura
    1/2lb is a reasonable goal! What is your activity level set to? Just curious as that may be netting you the 1600, but if you're as active as you set it to, then it'll be true.
    Your diary setting doesn't allow us to view it, but what are your calories coming up to a day if you struggle to get 1600? Are you measuring or weighing your food for accuracy?
  • sarahlou23xx
    Sorry wasn't very helpful ...the salad was shop bought from the diet section with calories on the label.
    The chicken was cooked in oven (small filet )
    Veg is normally broccoli and carrots (4 bits broc and half carrot )
    Veg no oils just boiled in water.
    Chicken skin off..no dressings
  • TavistockToad
    I'm not sure how many calories I should be eating really.
    I'm 5ft 7 31 yrs old and weigh 9 stone 10lbs
    I would like to get down to 8stond 7lbs
    I've set my diary to 1/2 pound a week

That's pretty much the lowest weight you can healthily be for your height?
  • TavistockToad
    According to diary i should be eating 1600 but sometimes struggle to get that many

Peanut butter
  • sarahlou23xx
    At my lowest I've been about 7 stone 8lbs
  • Afura
    You still want to know how MUCH you're eating. And never trust how much a label says - they lie. :frowning: It's why many of us advocate weighing (except liquids, gotta measure those) because saying "small filet" could mean anything from 2oz to 5oz. Depending on what kind of chicken you've got calorie differences between breast and thigh. Half a carrot could be 50g to 100g depending on the size of the carrot, so there again you have a calorie difference.

I'm not trying to grill you into the ground :smile: I just want to explain why you need to know the details of how much you're actually eating, and specifically what you're eating. The closer you get to a goal, the more accurate you want to make sure you are if you're not seeing loss, and in my case I like to know the exact amounts of what it is I should be entering into my log.
  • TavistockToad
    At my lowest I've been about 7 stone 8lbs

Doesn't mean that's a healthy weight?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Breakfast -banana,1 small slice whole meal bread with 1 scrambled egg
    Lunch-chicken salad 280 cals
    Snack -1 biscuit (naughty I know)
    Dinner -chicken,new potatoes,veg
    Snack -1 slice whole meal toast with tiny bit strawberry jam
    Water

Eat the amount of calories MFP told you to eat for your goal. Log as accurately as you can and you don't have to wonder if you are eating too much or too little.

Try to get enough protein. Include fats in your diet. Eat food you like.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1