Not sure what to do with some clothes...

Options
The hubs and I are gearing up for a huge garage sale at the end of August (and arranged it to be a subdivision-wide sale in the process). I've already gone through my closet and gotten rid of everything that is massively too big. (I never thought I'd be happy to get rid of clothing, and yet I am ecstatic!) However, I've held on to things that still look OK with a belt. Here's where I don't know what to do. I have a bunch of winter clothing that fits me perfectly right now, but that I'm confident will be too big once the temperatures are appropriate to wear them. Do I purge them now or wait until next summer?

Replies

• candiigraham
    candiigraham Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I would put them out "THIS" summer. Since you are determined to be smaller "you will be". Don't look at them (the clothes) as a safety net for "if I fail". And when winter rolls around you will be smiling even bigger when you have to spend money for new clothes:laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I would wait. But I'm a pessimist by nature. If it feels right for you to get rid of them now, then do it!
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    As soon as i trim down i am taking clothes to the goodwill. If they are laying around i have something to go back to. I don't want to have any clothes to go back to anymore. I am down three pant sizes since i started this. Good thing i kept that size...:) I won't hold onto the big ones anymore.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I would wait. Not that you won't lose the weight, but you never know if you can get the clothes hemmed, tucked, or a belt might work with them too.
  • parkerpops
    parkerpops Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd throw most of them, but keep some! I mean, if you do lose the weight, then you can throw out the bigger clothes! But if you don't (but I'm sure you will!), then you still have some clothes to wear when the winter comes! :)

Good luck :)

x