Options
2»

Replies

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    mrspett323 wrote: »
    What does this come from?

As PP touched on - it is chickenpox virus reactivating many years later.

ie person had chickenpox years earlier and virus stays dormant in their system reactivating as shingles in later life - usually, but not always, in older adults.

yes...I can't believe most of the people responding who has had it, are years younger than what I thought they might have been!
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    Colloidal silver won't do anything but turn your skin irreversibly blue. Don't use it.
    I cannot fathom why someone would put a heavy metal into their body on purpose. Sure, it's not super toxic like lead or arsenic, but still.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    Colloidal silver won't do anything but turn your skin irreversibly blue. Don't use it.
    I cannot fathom why someone would put a heavy metal into their body on purpose. Sure, it's not super toxic like lead or arsenic, but still.

I can't understand either. Which is why I posted above too. Why would you want to risk it? Silver dragees are illegal in cake decorating in California because you aren't supposed to eat silver!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Generally, I lean Libertarian, except for a couple things... vaccines being one of them.
    Experiences like those described here are why I think people who don't vaccinate their children (sometimes even deliberately exposing them to chickenpox) should be charged with child abuse / endangerment.

First, suffering through chickenpox & the potential long-term effects.
    Then later in life (maybe) suffering the agony of shingles.
    Seriously, hearing that shingles feels like being burned would make me want to re-up my vaccine & make sure my kid had it too!

Being allergic to a component of a vaccine is one thing.
    Being ignorant (usually willfully) of science & the suffering your child is / will be in is completely different.
  • JoJosAnatomymfp
    JoJosAnatomymfp Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for all the advice/comments and support. I won't be putting anything on the rash. Iv been told very clearly to keep it dry by my doctors. The meds are great. I had a full night sleep last night. I hadn't slept for two days before that.

I don't think dieting caused the stress. Well I'm not dieting, I'm living healthier. Iv been exercising and eating well. I'm not hungry and getting plenty of fluids. The night before it came on, I heard my mam was brought to hospital. She lives over 200km away. I had planned to leave with my son in the morning. I didn't sleep for more than an hour that night as I was worrying and then when I did get off, I was awoken with the worst pain I ever felt. Mam is doing good now. I haven't been able to visit due to this pain but I'm speaking to her daily. It's the only stressful thing that could have brought it on.

I'm drinking tonnes of water, lots of protein and iron.

Thank you all again for taking time to share your experiences and give support and advice.
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Omg never had chicken pox so hopefully I never get this. None of my kids as well thankfully. Get better soon!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    how old are you mrspett?

Your children have probably been vaccinated against chickenpox (I dont know this for sure, of course ,as I dont know how old they are and what country you live in)

Odds on you probably have had CP yourself - most adults have pre vaccination being readily available (ie before herd immunity was at high enough levels to mean less cases occurring)
    Some people do have an extremely mild or even asymptomatic case and not realise they have had it - unfortunately they are just as at risk of shingles later as people who have had symptomatic CP.