My weight loss is stalling.

Options
I will get down them go up 3 or 4 pounds in the next few days. Then float up and down for 2 weeks. This is so aggravating. I work out and stay under goal.

Replies

• AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    How long have you been dieting? If it has been over a month you could try a re-feed. Re-feed is a week where you just eat maintenence calories. Then after that week go back to dieting.

It works for some people :)
  • StargazingGirl
    StargazingGirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I ran into the same problem as I got closer to goal. I started cutting foe 2 months & maintenance for 1. Works much better than I thought it would! :smiley:
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Pretty much how it goes for a lot of us females.
    Weight loss isn't linear I'm afraid.
  • Niples_
    Niples_ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Keep protein high everyday. Weekends, up your carbs and lower your fats. Do low carbs on the week days, Under 80g. And preferably eat ur carbs before and after your workouts.

You will shred during the week.

Lots of water.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Niples_ wrote: »
    Keep protein high everyday. Weekends, up your carbs and lower your fats. Do low carbs on the week days, Under 80g. And preferably eat ur carbs before and after your workouts.

You will shred during the week.

Lots of water.
    And put it back on at the weekend.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Your weight is not going to stay in a perfect pretty line unfortunately, and what you are describing is perfectly normal, I do the same thing. Look for a downward trend over time and you will know you are on the right track. Try to be patient and persistent and not get too attached to the scale, its a finicky little bugger!
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    How long have you been dieting? If it has been over a month you could try a re-feed. Re-feed is a week where you just eat maintenence calories. Then after that week go back to dieting.

It works for some people :)

That's not a refeed; that's a diet break. There's a pretty big difference.

What is a refeed?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    OP, if you chart it out, are you actually seeing losses in a downward trend during the 2/3 week period?
  • metalmeow1
    metalmeow1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm going through this trend right now OP. But I've been at this a while and since I know how my body works, I know I'm about to see a decline after my TOM.
    The scale is only really accurate for me about 2 weeks a month. I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for many other women.

Stay hydrated, stay in a caloric deficit. Good luck!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP do you use a weight trending app?

Trendweight
    Libra
    Happy scale etc etc
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    OP do you use a weight trending app?

Trendweight
    Libra
    Happy scale etc etc

No i dont just mfp
  • Okohme
    Okohme Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You might consider doing a "diet break" for a week, as other members have suggested. It really worked for me.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    metalmeow1 wrote: »
    I'm going through this trend right now OP. But I've been at this a while and since I know how my body works, I know I'm about to see a decline after my TOM.
    The scale is only really accurate for me about 2 weeks a month. I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for many other women.

Stay hydrated, stay in a caloric deficit. Good luck!

^^This for me too!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    I unintentionally had a diet-break at Christmas and one again when travelling end of Feb and both time's it's kickstarted me into losing again, so agree with maybe trying that, worst outcome is you maintain for another week.