Weird thing

Options
So I get this weird thing on occasion. If my body is getting tired and overworked, I sometimes will get two bumps on the back of my head right above my neck. I've been told it's my lymph nodes. And I have been told this is pretty normal.

Anyone else get any weird things that happen to them when your body is over worked or stressed?

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I always have bumps there. I thought they were bones. Now I have to go look up medical stuff on the internet and go all hypochondria.
  • kassierodriguez1
    kassierodriguez1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I always have bumps there. I thought they were bones. Now I have to go look up medical stuff on the internet and go all hypochondria.

Well there are tons of lumps back there lol. These were very obvious and hurt to touch and if I moved my head they hurt too.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've been told it's my lymph nodes.

i'm not exactly questioning your information . . . for one thing i have a little trouble picturing the area you're talking about.

but i know lymph nodes are one of the immune system's first lines of defence, and i also know that every time i present to my doctor with some kind of disease, the FRONT of my neck right under the jaw is the place that she checks to see if they're enlarged.

my gp has pretty much been all over most parts of me, but come to think of it i don't think she's ever gone near the back of my head :tongue:

eta: on the other hand, the lymphatic system is spread out all over your body, i guess.

• kassierodriguez1
    Options
    I've been told it's my lymph nodes.

i'm not exactly questioning your information . . . for one thing i have a little trouble picturing the area you're talking about.

but i know lymph nodes are one of the immune system's first lines of defence, and i also know that every time i present to my doctor with some kind of disease, the FRONT of my neck right under the jaw is the place that she checks to see if they're enlarged.

my gp has pretty much been all over most parts of me, but come to think of it i don't think she's ever gone near the back of my head :tongue:

eta: on the other hand, the lymphatic system is spread out all over your body, i guess.

Yea they are definitely back there lol. I was talking to someone from my gym who is a surgeon. And he knew exactly what I was talking about. He is the one that told me stress can make them inflame. He said it's very normal. Everyone's body reacts to stress in different ways. Apparently that's where mine goes.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I get hives. When I'm about to get sick, like a day or two before the onset of flu or a cold. Hives appear across my chest and arms
  • kassierodriguez1
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    I get hives. When I'm about to get sick, like a day or two before the onset of flu or a cold. Hives appear across my chest and arms

Yikes. Are they itchy?
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have the same! Bout an inch or two behind my right ear. Just one bump, completely hidden by my hair, but its super painful and feels as big as a ping pong ball when its bad.
  • peanutbuttertuesday
    peanutbuttertuesday Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    When I travel I can't poop.
  • kassierodriguez1
    Options
    lemmie177 wrote: »
    I have the same! Bout an inch or two behind my right ear. Just one bump, completely hidden by my hair, but its super painful and feels as big as a ping pong ball when its bad.
    So good to hear I'm not alone in this. Yours sounds bigger then mine get though!
  • kassierodriguez1
    Options

Well that doesn't sound pleasant >_<
  • Zipbsky
    Zipbsky Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    When I'm going through a stressful time my hair falls out.
  • kassierodriguez1
    Options
    Zipbsky wrote: »
    When I'm going through a stressful time my hair falls out.
    My sister in law has this. Sometimes she doesn't even know she is stressed. But the hair loss tells her
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

Yikes. Are they itchy?

A little bit. Mostly just red and splotchy. Itchiness is about equivalent to a mosquito bite I guess.
  • Iwanttolosemymummytummy
    Iwanttolosemymummytummy Posts: 82 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If I'm overtired,stressed or feeling run down I get a stye. It can be really painful and causes the infected eye to water.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Yea they are definitely back there lol. I was talking to someone from my gym who is a surgeon.

huh. thing that i never knew about. and how i'm poking around the back of my head to see if i can find mine. doesn't happen to me; it sounds miserable but when i'm tense all the time i tend to get more of the stomach-ache thing. like charlie brown.

okay, i know you didn't mean this in a sense of '. . . and then i get bumps at the back of my head'. but my brain made the connection before i could catch it and left me thinking 'that's one hell of a constipation problem' :tongue:

• kassierodriguez1
    Options

Yikes. Are they itchy?

A little bit. Mostly just red and splotchy. Itchiness is about equivalent to a mosquito bite I guess.
    Mosquito bites are pretty irritating so I'm assuming it's not pleasant
  • kassierodriguez1
    Options
    If I'm overtired,stressed or feeling run down I get a stye. It can be really painful and causes the infected eye to water.

It's crazy how our body's all have a different way of dealing with stress
  • Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    So I get this weird thing on occasion. If my body is getting tired and overworked, I sometimes will get two bumps on the back of my head right above my neck. I've been told it's my lymph nodes. And I have been told this is pretty normal.

Anyone else get any weird things that happen to them when your body is over worked or stressed?

First of all, I thought you were Scarlett Johansson. Second, it's quite normal to have those bumps. I get them too!
  • kassierodriguez1
    Options

First of all, I thought you were Scarlett Johansson. Second, it's quite normal to have those bumps. I get them too!

Man I've been getting that a lot lately lol
  • Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options

Man I've been getting that a lot lately lol

That's one of the best compliments you could receive. :)