Ladies! Show me you Strong Lifts results!

Options

Replies

• getoffin1year
    getoffin1year Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I used strong lifts at the very very end of my first cut. I got really tiny. In retrospect I should have done 5x5 earlier, when I first started lifting weights, and done a non-linear program during that time. Regardless...76b0da25jnwr.jpgq59b86jpgdhk.jpg

Your hard work shows. U'r arms and hips are amazing
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    madube84 wrote: »
    4mr2zkf0ug79.jpg

this is from strong lifts with minimal cardio. 222lbs vs 204 lbs.
    I can definitely see a difference!
  • Taliko
    Taliko Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I want to start 5 x 5 but... I'll admit I'm nervous. I don't really know what I'm doing or how to use anything and I'm worried about injuring myself. I'm even worried about looking dumb. I feel like I should just walk in and start! But I just can't...
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Ok I need help with this strong lifts stuff... I downloaded the app. Is that all I do and follow the workouts as they give them to me?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    mrspett323 wrote: »
    Ok I need help with this strong lifts stuff... I downloaded the app. Is that all I do and follow the workouts as they give them to me?

Do you know how to do all the lifts properly? You should check the website and watch the videos as well as read about the program.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Taliko wrote: »
    I want to start 5 x 5 but... I'll admit I'm nervous. I don't really know what I'm doing or how to use anything and I'm worried about injuring myself. I'm even worried about looking dumb. I feel like I should just walk in and start! But I just can't...

So watch the videos...over and over and over again. Then watch Mark Rippetoe explain form for the squat, bench, deadlift, and over head press. Then ask questions on here. Start next week with the bar and take video for form checks.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options

If you are new to lifting -- in addition to watching all the videos over and over -- you may really want to invest in some personal training sessions with the specific goal of getting prepared to do SL5x5. Make that very clear to the trainers at the start.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I just did day 1 of SL and I loved it! Felt a little silly using just the bar, but quite honestly I'm not sure I could bench more than that anyways! Lol. I've watched the videos a lot but I'm still a little unclear on the barbell row. The instructions say to set it down each rep but to do that I have to round my back to reach the ground which breaks good form. I imagine that once I add bigger weights and the bar if farther off the ground, this will be less of an issue. But any advice in the meantime?

Also, do you track the workout under the cardio "weight lifting" option? How accurate would a calculation like that be?

Im already feeling sore only two hours after the workout - that's a good sign ! Excited to see what I can do with this program. Keep posting your successes - it's so helpful to us newbies !
  • LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this in a week or two. Rack and bench will be ordered today! Very excited and my 20 year old son is excited to join me. I've taken some horrifying before pics and measured last week. Not sure if I'll be brave e ought to share the pics. I'm 5'6" and just under 170. I'm hoping for 140 some day, but 150 looks pretty good with little muscle, so with muscle should be pretty nice. I'm hoping my starting weight will be close to 165. Wish me luck!
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Any ladies still doing strong lifts? I started this week!
  • skinneeme007
    skinneeme007 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 9 today, and I agree with that...I wish I had started sooner!! I'm totally addicted to lifting and am really seeing a lot of changes in my body.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

So watch the videos...over and over and over again. Then watch Mark Rippetoe explain form for the squat, bench, deadlift, and over head press. Then ask questions on here. Start next week with the bar and take video for form checks.

Not just the video, but the web site is terrific for explaining every little aspect about the lifts. Do the lifts, then go home and find one aspect that you want to do better (say hand placement). They break it down in such detail that you can make tiny improvements.
  • Rangerharms
    Rangerharms Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hopefully I will have some pics to show soon! I just started the StrongLifts 5x5 program a little over a week ago and am absolutely loving it! If anyone has more advise, please share! Also, I was SO sore after the first day of lifts, but haven't been sore since. I've now completed 5 workouts. Is this normal? Tia!
  • LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was sore on the first workout too. I'll be doing workout 13 on Monday and I haven't been as sore since that first few. I might just feel it a little here or there but not like the first ones. Hardly noticeable.
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am curious what is 5x5? I Looove lifting way more than cardio and would love more info.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    alkight84 wrote: »
    I am curious what is 5x5? I Looove lifting way more than cardio and would love more info.

Here's a link. https://stronglifts.com/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!