What should I do when I'm bored?

Options
Everyday wherever I get bored i turn to watching television, surfing the internet on my smartphone or laptop, or food because I hate exercising. I don't have a car so I'm homebound and can't go anywhere. What are some ideas for me When I start getting bored ?

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Read a book. Go for a walk or run.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Walk. Even if it is only two minutes today. Then increase it by a minute or two a week.
    Your body will thank you. You'll start to get more energy. You'll feel happier.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My library even has fishing poles!!

Such a great list above.
  • sarahsweightlossjourney
    Options
    Coloring books!!
  • bikerjoe83
    bikerjoe83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Everyday wherever I get bored i turn to watching television, surfing the internet on my smartphone or laptop, or food because I hate exercising. I don't have a car so I'm homebound and can't go anywhere. What are some ideas for me When I start getting bored ?

Why are you homebound? Unless you can't physically do so, take a walk. You might enjoy looking around the area you live. I walked 5km yesterday, the furthest I've walked in probably 12 months. I quite enjoyed it, it passed an hour away and it gave me some calories - which in the end I didn't even need, so more fat burned.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Get a workout DVD, put it in your laptop and exercise. If you can't afford to buy one go to the local library and borrow it for few weeks. Or go on line for exercises websites.
    Organize your drawers or closets. Heck we all need to do that anyway; things do get out of place quite often.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Get out and walk. Doesn't cost anything and the great thing is when you walk somewhere, you have to walk back. No excuses to quit unless you call a cab for the ride back.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png