Anyone have liver problems?

Options
Would like some like minded friends who are also struggling with the same issues as me. I have liver disease. Losing weight is an uphill battle for me.

Replies

• naelliving
    naelliving Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with fatty liver disease, however, I have significantly changed my levels and ultrasounds simply by diet and exercise. It is one of the main reasons I am working harder to lose weight and be healthy.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    My bloodwork in Dec was indicating a fatty liver, which is why I started up here in Jan. I'm looking forward to a follow up in May to see what impact my diet and weight loss is making.
  • badgerface1k
    badgerface1k Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I also have Nash and that was the reason I started losing weight. after losing 70lbs my liver appears to be functioning normally. Friend me if u want I am super cool
  • ImaginePeace81
    ImaginePeace81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply y'all. I was diagnosed 3 years ago. They couldn't tell if it had crossed over to cirrhosis or not. I immediately changed my lifestyle and have made my liver levels drop significantly. Yet they still remain elevated. I don't drink or smoke. I don't even take Tylenol. What kind of diet have y'all been following? I need something that will help my energy levels. My energy drops way way low because of my liver.
  • metalmeow1
    metalmeow1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What kind of diet have y'all been following? I need something that will help my energy levels.

I drink a lot of beverages with B12/B6, and take a multivitamin (probably not doing much but I like to be sure.) I drink coffee every day, but by far the most helpful change I've made is getting adequate sleep.
    I've always had insomnia, I had to see a doctor and medication helps. Get yourself on a sleeping schedule if you haven't, and don't get out of bed until you've slept 8hrs.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I was diognosed fatty liver (I don't drink) and prediabetic. no longer prediabetic and have lost almost 70 lbs. lt was reccomended I cut out sugar and white flour so that's what I did.
  • ImaginePeace81
    ImaginePeace81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sugar is the enemy. I am currently on Lent and gave up sweets. That soon will end and I will be left with the cravings of sweets again. I did the same thing last year. I lost 32lbs and starting in October 2016 I was slowly gaining it back. All but 10 lbs. So it's like starting over.
  • christinamthompson94
    Options
    Hi all! They believe I have NASH, I go to schedule my biopsy tomorrow. Losing weight is a struggle! Does anyone else have issues with energy? Some days I am good for a several mile hike - but some days I can hardly get out of bed. Fatigue is a funny thing. I've been confirmed with "liver disease" and my liver/spleen are both enlarged. Anyone have this also? Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Hi all! They believe I have NASH, I go to schedule my biopsy tomorrow. Losing weight is a struggle! Does anyone else have issues with energy? Some days I am good for a several mile hike - but some days I can hardly get out of bed. Fatigue is a funny thing. I've been confirmed with "liver disease" and my liver/spleen are both enlarged. Anyone have this also? Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!

How are your iron, vit D and B12 levels? I usually crash when I'm deficient in any of them . The worst case that happened to was being low for all 3 at the same time. Opening my eyes was a superhuman effort. Now I go in every 6 months for blood works, which is usually coupled with an iron infusion (I don't do well with the oral supplements).

I my blood work showed the first sign of NASH in 2014. I tried to pretend it wasn't happening. They checked the liver when they took out my gallbladder in 2015 (the surgeon figured, if he already had his endoscope in there, might as well take a look..). I had to stop pretending it wasn't happening.

All in all, the most important thing I did was losing weight. My last check up (December) came back with nearly all markers in the green and my doctor's not worried about the ones that are still a smidgen too high. Seeing my results with losing weight, she's extremely confident that losing the rest of the weight down to a healthy weight (that's another 12kg to lose) will also show improvement on those last markers.

If you're struggling, it might be wise to ask for a referral to a registered dietician.