Having a fallout.

Options
beth4100
beth4100 Posts: 14 Member
edited March 2017 in Chit-Chat
Just wanted to know i should hold on to a friend who is ignoring me. I've been contacting her for a month now and haven't heard a word. I feel as if I'm bothering her or being too forward. I feel like a *kitten* for holding on to a Friendship that she doesn't seem to want but idk what else to do

Replies

• 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Give her some space. She may be going thru some stuff and needs time.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Did you two have any type of falling out? Cause if you did NOT, then its not you its something else going on in her life.

How long have you been tryiing? a day or two, a couple of weeks?

Is she in driving distance? Can you go over and check on her make sure she is not ill or something like that?

Exhaust all possibilities before you drop her like a bad habit..
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    beth4100 wrote: »
    Wasn't getting any advice so

You gave this 6 minutes before "nevermind'.. it takes some time to locate threads and start posting.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Patience is a virtue.
  • beth4100
    Options
    @jjewell1981 MFP wouldn't let me get rid of the message so thanks for that...
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    beth4100 wrote: »
    @jjewell1981 MFP wouldn't let me get rid of the message so thanks for that...

I'm sorry, I'm just teasing :kissing:
  • beth4100
    Options
    To everyone else, thanks for the advice. I'm just going to wait and see. I'm not going to do anything else. If she wants to talk to me, great! If not, at least I know I did everything I could.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of myself and my friends. They always reach out and want to connect with me. But I have gone so far ahead in life that we are not at the same level anymore. Sometimes I agree to meet and the conversation is like.... ugh, when do I get to go back and do my weekend stuff.

Same could be happening to you and your friend. Perhaps she has nothing to connect back to. If there is no common ground, there is no room for conversation.

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This reminds me of myself and my friends. They always reach out and want to connect with me. But I have gone so far ahead in life that we are not at the same level anymore. Sometimes I agree to meet and the conversation is like.... ugh, when do I get to go back and do my weekend stuff.

Same could be happening to you and your friend. Perhaps she has nothing to connect back to. If there is no common ground, there is no room for conversation.

smh.. i can't even really write a proper response to this.

• itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That was an honest assessment. In real life, friendships don't hold up for the same reason. There is simply no common ground anymore. No common interests and lifestyle and general life direction is going on completely disjoint tracks.

Do I make my inner thoughts public to my friends? Nope. I am pretty good at making an appearance and I make sure they feel like I am in it. But internally, I have drifted away.

This is how friendships taper down over time.

My friends want to do couples hang out too. But I have never made an effort to make it happen. I am a bad friend in this case. Same can be the case with the OP's friend. She is just not finding it a priority to keep the friendship alive. Nothing to shake heads for, it happens to a lot of people. I am just open about what my real thoughts are on the internet. My friends are not gonna read this ;)

I understand what you're saying Cutaway; I didn't read what you said as rude. People grow and change. It can be unfortunate, especially when reminiscing on fun memories, but it happens.
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    people change the dynamics change that's how it goes. People grow apart and sometime people who weren't really friends at some point in life turn into besties. Don't fight it don't force it