Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Hair loss

Options
Shivneel23
Shivneel23 Posts: 80 Member
yeuk8cf7xx6w.jpg

I'm 25 years old ..experiencing extreme hair loss in the last 6 months ..it's not hereditary ..I've checked with both my parents and their families .. no ones bald in my family ..I've checked with my local go and he's done the normal blood test and giving me blood test or what not for the past 6 months ...everything is fine medically.. .I'm still a student so I can't afford to go to those medical hair treatment places .. please would anyone know of any remedies which could save my hair ..l don't wana be bald this young .. #help

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Do you track your protein?
  • Shivneel23
    Shivneel23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yes I track my protein..it's more than my body requires approx 200g per day at this moment
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    You're going bald.

Embrace it.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Nothing you can do. Time to shave it.
  • yskaldir
    yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It could be a fungus, see a dermatologist
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Where the debate? You're going bald, live with it.
  • owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I heard when u apply onion on bald head the hair starts to come or smth but I don't believe or recommend it because I also heard the smell doesn't go away, do ur research and see if it helps u. There is some testosterone called DHT I think it happens cuz of that. I think there r some supplements u can take for that or smth. Just google it :p
  • BeauNash
    BeauNash Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    owa1s wrote: »
    I heard when u apply onion on bald head the hair starts to come or smth

This poster is absolutely correct. If we lived on Planet Bizarro.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My brother started balding in high school. Embrace it.
  • owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    BeauNash wrote: »

was that u trying to crack a joke?

• BeauNash
    BeauNash Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    BeauNash wrote: »

was that u trying to crack a joke?

Kind of.

But there's no way I'd ever be as funny as "Rub an onion on your head to cure baldness because it increases testosterone just google it dude".

So you win.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Autoimmune issues can contribute. I have a few and it causes balding. As a woman, I am not amused by this. :/

Low thyroid hormones will also cause hair loss. So does rapid weight loss.

BioSil is a supplement that I know has helped some people. t didn't do much for me but you could look into it.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,099 Member
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    Nothing you can do. Time to shave it.

I was going to say the same thing.
  • crystalmorrison378
    crystalmorrison378 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    How much weight have u lost and how quickly? When I first started I lost 50lbs in 5 months... My hair started falling out! Went to the doc.. had all kinds of blood work and they found nothing.. basically it was my body's response to rapid weight loss. I started taking a multivitamin and slowed down the weight loss and the hair started growing back.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    alopecia. Have you been under stress, other than your hair problem? Have you cut back hard in your diet? There can be so many things underlying this problem. Autoimmunity could be in there, the immune system mistaking part of ourselves for some invading issue and attacking that part of us by mistake. The problem could lie in the digestive biome but this is ahead of general medicine and often decried.

Low thyroid hormones as nvmomketo says. The trouble with that one is, one is hardly ever tested for t3, this being the active form of the thyroid hormone. You could try asking for your t3 to be tested, some US doctors will do this but it is not a given that the one you visit will. Also men tend not to have an issue as often as women, something like 8 women to 1 man which can make getting your point across more difficult. I'd wish for anything to be wrong other than the thyroid because it comes with so much prejudice. Even though there are some 300 possible symptoms for a body to develop its own selection from, the general public take it as an excuse for not being able to loose weight.

(The UK and European as well as other countries systems seem to believe if your t4's are good there is no issue the body will automatically convert! Good thyroid function can be complicated, iodine is the basic requirement, normally 150 micron per day, fish, milk, eggs that sort of thing, dark green veg but these have much less. You also need selenium, zinc and other minerals and various vitamins).

Wishing you well in your studies, take care.
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    How are you loosing your hair? Are you experiencing standard male type hair loss with declining hair line (i.e. loosing mostly hair at the front and crown) or you're loosing it equally on all areas?

if it's the first (male type baldness pattern) maybe you are taking too much proteins...

I've come across some researches suggesting that too much protein can have effect on the free androgens, raising them up, which consequently makes your hair falling.

High protein intake is positively correlated (raises it up) IGF-1 (insulin like growth hormone), which is negatively correlated (lowers down) SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin). Link of one of the researches.
    SHBG binds androgens controlling how much androgens will be left free circulating in the blood. Too much free androgens causes male type baldness.

Of course, this is only a theory, it could be totally wrong, but I wanted to give you a different perspective that seams interesting to me.