I walked two miles today I feel like such a failure still

Options
2»

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    6 days later I am still moving and doing more and more!

That's great! Keep going :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I used to walk 6 miles every day, work out between belly dance and kettlebell and other misc exercise 3-4 hours every day 7 days a week about 3 years ago.

that walk today nearly killed me.

I am still recovering from neurological lyme disease which has almost rendered me useless many times over...docs told me i needed a walker had to go to speech therapy...learn how to write again...Still...i want the old me back.

Comparison is the thief of joy
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
    You are on a roll. Don't forget just like anyone else that exercises, take a rest day. This may mean one day where you are walking a little less, but it will be a day where you can recover from the stress and exertion that you are putting in.
    Cheers, h.
  • NikkiiBaby68
    NikkiiBaby68 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
    You are on a roll. Don't forget just like anyone else that exercises, take a rest day. This may mean one day where you are walking a little less, but it will be a day where you can recover from the stress and exertion that you are putting in.
    Cheers, h.

today might be that day...:-( i did 6 miles on stationary bike and lil over mile walking. I want to do more jsut not sure I can today.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Nikki you are really amazing. Thanks for posting. I know you were discouraged when you posted, but for the many people on here who can't do what we used to do physically for various reasons, you're an inspiration.

Three years ago I could do "anything". Then I developed foot issues: arches, plantar fasciitis, and bunions, which all hit at once. Feet are really important to exercising! I also want the "old me" back. But, instead, I bought a stationary bike and that's now my main exercise since jogging and walking are out. I don't like to swim, unfortunately.
  • NikkiiBaby68
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    Nikki you are really amazing. Thanks for posting. I know you were discouraged when you posted, but for the many people on here who can't do what we used to do physically for various reasons, you're an inspiration.

Three years ago I could do "anything". Then I developed foot issues: arches, plantar fasciitis, and bunions, which all hit at once. Feet are really important to exercising! I also want the "old me" back. But, instead, I bought a stationary bike and that's now my main exercise since jogging and walking are out. I don't like to swim, unfortunately.

I was a personal trainer before I got sick. People don't realize the damage running jogging does to the body. Have you tried pilates? there is a really neat woman who came out with a pilates machine on qvc. I dont own the machine my mom does...she is a very neat person and I have included her facebook here for you. She happily speaks to people about her injuries and it is amazing. It might help you. https://www.facebook.com/marjolein.brugman this sounds like all the issues she had.
  • NikkiiBaby68
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »

Also have you tried belly dance? If being on your feet is hard there is a great belly dance dvd where you do it in a chair.