Any vegans?

Options
I'm a recent vegan not for health reasons but for animals welfare and I'm looking for other vegans who are going through a weight loss journey like me so we can help each other Along.

I'm 23 and from London uk I've came from a UK size 22 and now down to a 14-16. I'm not finished yet!

Replies

• MParkerMedia
    MParkerMedia Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Melissa. I've also been looking for vegan support here, but most of the groups I've tried end up not being very active :/ . I'm 27, from Texas, and have been vegan for almost a year.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! :smiley: Perhaps we could share recipes as well as encouragement if we become friends.
  • jo_ruegg98
    jo_ruegg98 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been transitioning to veganism over the last couple of months after being vegetarian for the last 4 years. I'm eighteen from Canada and would love some other like-minded people to talk to :)
  • jobrien25
    jobrien25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been vegan for about two and a half years (with a little backsliding once in a while). I tried to log my diet in My Fitness Pal back in November for a couple weeks, but had a hard time commiting to it. I hope to do better this time, and perhaps lose about 20 pounds along the way. Unfortunately, being vegan doesn't necessarily mean you always eat healthy. :-) I live in Arizona.
  • ercompton85
    ercompton85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am a born-again vegan after being vegetarian for forever (with some lapses in judgement when pregnant) and some stints of veganism. I am still trying to get off the baby weight nearly 5 years later and would like to lose at least 15 lbs. I'm new to really getting into MFP and although I've had other accounts previously I have never joined any type of community. Is there a way to create a group? Feel free to friend me if you want! I live in California.
  • t0m292
    t0m292 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 27, in the UK and also a vegan for ethical reasons, previously quite a sedentary and greedy junk-food vegetarian. When I decided to become vegan for the second time I decided that I would do it right and this has lead me to the get fit and lose weight journey I am now on. There's an abundance of fit and healthy vegans on social media and a few who are only interested in being vegan, it would be nice to meet others who do want to be vegan, fit and healthy but aren't quite there yet (like me).
  • mayafit405
    mayafit405 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :smile: ( Anyone ) I recently began transitioning back to Veganism. I was Vegetarian for 4 years and Vegan for a little over 3 1/2 <3 My food diary is open to my friends list.

• EmBee_Meister
    EmBee_Meister Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    mayafit405 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me :smile: ( Anyone ) I recently began transitioning back to Veganism. I was Vegetarian for 4 years and Vegan for a little over 3 1/2 <3 My food diary is open to my friends list.

Hi! I'm vegan and have used MFP on and off for years. I have gained and lost the same bit of weight over and over. I was vegetarian for 10 years or so. Been eating about 99% vegan for the last 6 months. the only exception i have made is with high quality chocolate. (I work in a chocolate store, how could I not taste the chocolate for "product knowledge sake" ;) I have lost almost 30 pounds, but need to keep going. I have lots of fat to burn from my pizza, cheese and ice cream days. Feel free to add me, I only have one active friend from "real life" on MFP. I'm looking for like minded people like yourself to be motivated by.
  • KayleighScott398
    KayleighScott398 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan too, and from the UK :)
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    /waives vegan here, feel free to add :)
  • veganMomto7
    veganMomto7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello to all and blessing on you journey. New vegan here and would love some like minded friends! Add me.
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian, anyone feel free to add.
  • nuttall_x
    nuttall_x Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm from Leicester UK and 8 months vegan!
  • diiartejess
    diiartejess Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian since July. I'm the only one from my friend and family. I'd like to convert to vegan and I'll need all the support and info I can get .. anyone feel free to add me