Vegetarian trying to loose some pounds.

Options
Hi! My names Allie and I'm 18 years old. I became a vegetarian over three years ago. Since then I have gained a lot of weight. I am now attempting to loose it and become healthier!

Replies

• msr8898
    msr8898 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey Allie, welcome to MFP! Are you still a vegetarian currently? Keep at it, and stay motivated; you'll do great!
  • allieperrin467
    allieperrin467 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm still currently a vegetarian. Working on all the essential nutritients has been a struggle but I plan to power threw it. Thank you for the encouragement. (:
  • mayafit405
    mayafit405 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Welcome Allie! I'm transitioning back to veganism currently. I really like MFP so far :) it keeps me aware of my calorie intake so it's easier for me to make choices . Feel free to add me !!
  • antinomiancelestial
    antinomiancelestial Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegan for several years. In the beginning, I was so worried about getting enough to eat that I built a diet with too many carbs/not enough nutrients. Now that I'm at the low end of obese, I'm trying to cut carbs and increase nutrients so that I can lose some of this weight. Feel free to add if you want.

Good luck!
  • sunnydongvik
    sunnydongvik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you octo laco veg? Ive been a vegetarian for 20 years, best way i found to find a middle ground is look at other cultures that are predominantly vegetarian and take a look at the balance of their meals.

I watch my macros, its hard to stay under 50% carbs, but it doable. Pintrest is a great place for balanced lower carb vegetarian recipes too. Helps to mix it up when you just cant take another bite of cottage cheese, but you need protein.

Good luck!