New and looking for Keto inspiration!

Options
Hi hi! After having MFP on my phone and unused for a year or two I've finally gone all in on actually using it!

My current goal is to lose about 25lbs - I've already lost 15 since the beginning of the year. Started in January just cleaning up my diet and late February started Keto. Loving it as I no longer feel hungry!

Qs for successful Keto people!

How do you figure out the calories and macros? I've heard calories don't matter but after the first two weeks, weight loss slowed down a lot! Thanks!

Replies

• filipa2011
    filipa2011 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb ... Keto like.
    Good luck
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Lots low carbers don't count calories but lots find they don't lose weight that way
    I think you should carry on as you are until it's not working
    Well done
  • wheelercheryl
    wheelercheryl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on the ketone drink and lost my desire for desserts which is huge. But. The scale has not moved. I exercise five days a week. I eat very clean. All fresh. No fast food. It has been almost a month. I'm going to log absolutely every morsel if food that passes my lips and figure this out. I have spent a fortune on a three month supply of ketones. Hoping my attention span will hold on that long. I need support!
  • nemoskitchen
    nemoskitchen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on a dairy free keto diet. Paleo-ketogenic. Been eating this way for a month now and super happy that I've managed to transition over without picking up any weight, actually dropped 1.5kg this week. Though weightloss is not my aim, I'm keto for chronic illness reasons and am happy to maintain. Sharing all my meals online and in my My Fitness Pal diary if you'd like to follow and share meal ideas. @nemoskitchen on FB, IG and MFP
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Feel free to join this amazing group....this is where most of us keto'ers, low carbers, zero carbers etc . hang out
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    wishing you the best :)
  • nemoskitchen
    nemoskitchen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can use this website to help calculate your macros: https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

• size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I have been on the ketone drink and lost my desire for desserts which is huge. But. The scale has not moved. I exercise five days a week. I eat very clean. All fresh. No fast food. It has been almost a month. I'm going to log absolutely every morsel if food that passes my lips and figure this out. I have spent a fortune on a three month supply of ketones. Hoping my attention span will hold on that long. I need support!

Your probably eating too many calories we can over eat clean

Calories in calories out long term is what you need to focus on what ever plan you do

• BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

and check protein levels. i believe excess protein will convert to glucose and hinder keto. but double check me, i'm no expert. i don't even play one on tv.