Tea

Options
I'm starting to get into tea. I had Hibiscus yesterday and I'm hooked. What are some teas that you guys drink?

Replies

• ladyannique2017
    ladyannique2017 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love jasmine tea.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I like green tea, its mild and soothing to me.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I like mostly back teas, some herbal. The Republic of Tea has some good varieTeas (see what I did there?)
    I've also got a local place that makes a really good unsweetened black coconut tea that I purchase by the gallon.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Good Earth Sweet & Spicy is my favorite
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My main tea is iced tea. I use 2 flavored bags (Twinings Mixed Berries) + one "family" sized bag (Lipton or Luzianne). Makes a half gallon of lightly flavored tea.

Favorite hot teas........

Black tea - Bigelow Vanilla Chai or Apple Spice Chai. Pretty mild compared to some other Chais.

Green tea - Lipton Mandarin Orange (with green tea make sure your water is not too hot or the tea will be bitter)

Rooibos (red tea) Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla

Herbal - Stash Cinnamon Apple Chamomile

• Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love black tea. The stash name brand is my favorite. So much flavour!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm a tea addict.
    I love ginseng and guarana tea
    Vanilla
    Chocolate and orange
    Cinnamon
    Turmeric
    Noni berry
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I drink white tea, which is made from the same plant as black and green tea, but with lower caffeine than either. Prince of Peace is great for my budget. Also a big fan of chamomiles and lavenders, and any that lets me make believe I live in a magical cottage in the woods, sipping flowers all day. Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer is a nice blend. I keep ginger tea around in case I overeat, or eat a meal too high in fat for my belly.

All time favorite tea: Republic of Tea's Blackberry Sage
  • BelleCurves
    BelleCurves Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Tazo teas are wonderful - Organic/Classic Chai, Awake English Breakfast, Organic Darjeeling and Earl Grey are my faves!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    When your ready to take it to a complete mania, you can bought tea from a specialty store, such as uptontea.com. You'll learn that there's no such thing as "English Breakfast Tea." (It's a re-branding of, typically, tea from the Assam region of India.)

In general, I get all my normal tea from Upton.com (typically, Assam) plus some herbal from the grocery store. Lataly, I have liked Yogi Chai Rooibos. Another great style for dieters is "Gen-mai Cha," which is Japanese green tea with toasted brown rice. Chinese Oolong tea is also considered helpful for dieting.
  • delaclos99
    delaclos99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Builders. Twinings green tea with mint is pleasant enough every now and again, though.
  • mayafit405
    mayafit405 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Dandelion tea <3 My favorite
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Chai. Lovelovelove it!
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I like different varieties of Chinese tea (that is, tea strictly speaking). Pu-erh is wonderful. Lapsang Souchong is good, if I'm in the mood.

"Chai", of course, just means "tea", from the most common word for tea in China, cha. When Americans say chai they usually mean Masala chai, the spiced black tea from India. Most coffeehouses use either commercially bottled or a syrup, so it's not always brewed as recently as one would like, but there are coffeehouses local to me where they make it themselves, and it's excellent.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Bengal Spice tea and raspberry tea.
  • TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Wow. So many options...And I plan on trying them all! I hit up Teavana on the way home. Overwhelming. I bought the glass pot. Psyched.
  • SammiG01
    SammiG01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Chai. You can get it in decaf too. It tastes like dessert to me. Love it.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Earl grey creme: https://www.amazon.com/Earl-Grey-Creme-Black-Teavana/dp/B00BBL7GWC
    Wow. So smooth and decadent with the tiniest hint of vanilla sweetness. By far my favorite. I need to buy more.

Lazy (bags): Earl grey or passion by Tazo. Currently (like JUST sat down with it) drinking wild orange by tazo. Its free at my work and quick.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I love many black teas, some green tea, chai rooibos, and kava.