How close are you to your goal?

Options

Replies

• CassBurgos83
    CassBurgos83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If i would stop making 3 am trips to my freezer, i'd be a lot closer :)
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    3 lbs to get back to healthy BMI range. 10- 15 vanity lbs after that. Praying I'll be satsfied after that.
  • nicholerohrer
    nicholerohrer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    80lbs to go! :)
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My goal is 14.25lbs away. My weight is dropping slowly but steadily, which I am really happy with.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    67 gone, 13 to go
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Just under 4lbs today. 3.5 if you asked yesterday. It's excruciating lol
  • beth4100
    beth4100 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    20 lbs to my goal and although my motivation is high I can't seem to Get rid of the rest of my weight despite my workouts 6 days a week :/
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have 134lb to lose for goal down 19lb so far
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm 11 pounds away from my goal. I'll re-evaluate at that point and I suspect I'll want to drop a little more. Regardless, I'm very excited!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I'm at the top of my 5 lb maintenance range, but would like to get to the bottom of it. 150 lost.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    30 lbs to first goal and 40 to ultimate goal. I've lost and gained for years but feel I owe it to myself to stick with it this time. My overall outlook of life is better when I'm working toward my goal rather than knowing in the back of my mind that I'm settling for less than my best. I find it odd that we give others our best in nearly every area of our lives but are willing to settle with less when it comes to how we treat ourselves;)
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I started around 260 lbs. I am now 189. My first goal was 199 and I hit that about a year ago using mfp. But then I kind of wandered away. Luckily I changed my palate and tho I wasn't logging or tracking I managed to stay between 190-199 for the year. Didn't see 200 again. But scale was definitely creeping up so I caught myself and an back.

Current goal is 180. That would be my lowest in 20 years.

I want to be in the "normal" weight zone.. Even at the high end is OK.. Which for me is around 130-140.

But I will reassess as I go.
  • LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I started at 234 in January 2016. Down to 175 now (5 ft 5 in) and I'm really struggling. 25 lbs to first goal of 150 lbs and normal BMI. 40 lbs to my doctor's goal for me, 135 lbs. I've cut calories and increased exercise until I literally can't do anything more, and I've been stuck right around here for two months. It was so nice in the beginning, losing consistently one to three lbs per week. I've lost three lbs in the last MONTH and I'm beginning to get really frustrated.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    LynnBBQ72 wrote: »
    I started at 234 in January 2016. Down to 175 now (5 ft 5 in) and I'm really struggling. 25 lbs to first goal of 150 lbs and normal BMI. 40 lbs to my doctor's goal for me, 135 lbs. I've cut calories and increased exercise until I literally can't do anything more, and I've been stuck right around here for two months. It was so nice in the beginning, losing consistently one to three lbs per week. I've lost three lbs in the last MONTH and I'm beginning to get really frustrated.

3lbs per month at your current weight is a perfectly good loss. It's exactly what I've lost from around the same weight. You just can't healthily sustain fast losses as you get smaller and the smaller losses are often masked by natural fluctuations. If you're at a standstill for more than 6 weeks then just have a look and make sure you haven't got sloppy with logging. If you're not using a food scale for solids then it might be a good time to start.
  • CaffeinatedRats
    CaffeinatedRats Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Still 73lbs away from my ultimate goal of 125, but my highest weight was 230lbs. I have lost 32lbs so far, so I'm proud of that.

Right now I have a mini goal of being 174lbs. At that weight, I will no longer be classified as obese! :smiley:
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    19.2kg to go of a total of 50kg to lose. So that's 30.8 kg lost :smile:

I'm on a break (with a very very very slight downwards tendency) right now due to hormone munchies. But I'm okay with that :smile:
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    8kg down (17.5lb) , 14kg (31lb) to first goal then going to re-evaluate my loss rate and tackle the last 10kg.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    23.5 to top of "normal" BMI - lowest since 1995 - size 8

Total lost so far 94.5 - lowest since 2005 - size 22 -> 12

Planning on it taking til the end of the year but trying to lose the majority by my bday in Sept. Started 1/19/15

Then maintenance which I have never done!
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    6 pounds from my checkpoint!

Whenever I post my weight goals, I've started including my lifetime high. It's encouraging to see how far you've come.
    I also prefer to shoot for frequent, small checkpoint goals. I probably won't even schedule my ultimate goal until I'm within 10 pounds of it.

LIFETIME HIGH: 293 (38.1 BMI)

3/7 START: 265 (34.5)
    3/13 (today): 261 (34.0)
    4/1 GOAL: 255 (33.2)
    . . .
    ULTIMATE GOAL: 210 (27 BMI)

(Yes, I've lost 4 pounds in less than a week. But I just started this most recent campaign; everyone who has lost considerable weight knows that the biggest loss comes in the first couple weeks.)