What can I eat at ony 290 calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs loaded with veggies (I like spinach, onion, and mushroom) and 1 tsp grated Parmesan (huge flavor for minimal calories)
  • theflatpick
    theflatpick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread, there are a bunch of sub 300 calorie suggestions here that I can use. Thanks guy!! Oh, and yeh, I like the snickers idea too!
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'd make a big plate of cauliflower fried rice.
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    This will probably get me booed, but Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine have tons of meals (particularly the veggie ones) that are below 300. Amy's (more natural option) has several lower sodium and light & lean meals that are below 390.

With lots of additional veg on the side, they can fill you up. Choose one of the lower sodium ones, or from Healthy Choice's Simply line (no artificial ingredients) and it's not too terrible for you either.

I made a veggie burger the other day that was low in calories and filling: 100 calorie bread thins, Morningstar black bean patty (or homemade black bean burger), tomato, small sprinkle of shredded cheese, condiments. Eat it with roasted carrot sticks or green beans instead of fries.

Just another idea if you're lazy.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Crackers, cheese, apples. I also second frozen meals that fit your goals, maybe with an added veggie. Take a quick walk to bank some extra calories for the day.
  • beginforthelasttime16
    beginforthelasttime16 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I would either burn some calories to have a little extra and/or definitely take half of my panini home for dinner.
    Are crisps crackers? If so, definitely skip the crackers to trip a few calories!

That panini sounds DELICIOUS btw
  • bikerjoe83
    bikerjoe83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    How about aiming for 390 calories and just eat 100 less tomorrow?
  • Iwanttolosemymummytummy
    Iwanttolosemymummytummy Posts: 82 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I had porridge this morning which with all the trimmings came to 453 calories. I'm going out to lunch with friends and know that I'll be having brie and cranberry panini with side salad and crisps. I "estimate" since it's impossible to know for sure that it will come close to 897 (feel free to correct me if you have a better idea how many calories it contains though). This leaves me with only 290 calories left. Any ideas what I can get for that? I don't eat red meat, only chicken, turkey and fish.

Something high in protein as that breakfast and lunch are low in protein.

I'd be overfull with that lunch and would plan to bring half the panini home and have the rest for dinner with salad and chicken.

Yup you were right. I am full!! I think I'll probably stll be too full for dinner!

Thank you for all the tasty suggestions, they will come in very handy in the future.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Full?? Do people actually feel fulI after a meal? I thought that was a myth!!

Check out my lunch on Saturday... I was full after that!
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    jbirdgreen wrote: »
    This will probably get me booed, but Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine have tons of meals (particularly the veggie ones) that are below 300. Amy's (more natural option) has several lower sodium and light & lean meals that are below 390.

With lots of additional veg on the side, they can fill you up. Choose one of the lower sodium ones, or from Healthy Choice's Simply line (no artificial ingredients) and it's not too terrible for you either.

I made a veggie burger the other day that was low in calories and filling: 100 calorie bread thins, Morningstar black bean patty (or homemade black bean burger), tomato, small sprinkle of shredded cheese, condiments. Eat it with roasted carrot sticks or green beans instead of fries.

Just another idea if you're lazy.

I think well-chosen frozen meals are great.... My favorite in this instance is Blake's All Natural Foods (I get them at Target or Publix but have also seen at WF and other nice stores), there is a Chicken Marsala with Pasta meal that has great macros for a low-calorie frozen meal and it tastes great. Had one for lunch today. :)
    Calories 160
    Total Fat 1.5g (Sat Fat 0.5g)
    Cholesterol 30ml
    Sodium 360mg
    Total Carbs 21g (Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g)
    Protein 15g

Have that with a cheese stick and a fruit (like a Halo/cutie or some cut-up melon). Low calorie but satisfying meal!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    190 calories for an 6-package of peanut butter cracker sandwiches + 100 calories for 40 grams of prunes.

Or, 140 calories for 1 oz of Beanitos plus 76 calories for a medium apple + a square of Ghirardelli 86% chocolate.

Or, 180 calories for 4 oz Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla, add 10 grams of crushed walnut and about 2 tblsp chocolate syrup to get to 290.

My homememade wheat bread with flax and chia seeds, about 30 grams, with 30 grams of Smuckers natural chunky peanut butter also nets right at 290 calories.

There's lot's of things I can do with my food to get to 290. You also have similar options. Don't stress about it.

And if you get to 300, hop up and down for a minute.
  • Iwanttolosemymummytummy
    Iwanttolosemymummytummy Posts: 82 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    For some reason it posted without me finishing...

Full?? Do people actually feel fulI after a meal? I thought that was a myth!!

Check out my lunch on Saturday... I was full after that!

Hahaha! Thought I'd deleted that one. When I thought about it I realised I am full.

I checked out your lunch and that was impressive! What's more impressive is the exercise you put in to counteract the calories!