Vegetable and/or Fruit smoothie ideas?

Options
ezaminabunnie
ezaminabunnie Posts: 5 Member
Do any of you guys have recommendations on any kind of smoothie that's taste good? I'm open to any. Not looking for cleansing ones, just stuff I can have for a meal.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Many recipes on this website are very good

http://www.skinnytaste.com/smoothies-and-shakes/
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I really enjoy the smoothie recipes from GreenBlender. You can see their recipes without having to subscribe to their smoothie delivery service.
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Any kind of frozen fruit (no sugar added) along with a handful or two of spinach, a cup or two of almond milk, a banana (this is a must for a nice smoothie consistency)). You can also add chia seeds or oats or nuts.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    My base recipe is:
    1 cup fresh baby greens
    1/2 cup unsweetened frozen fruit of choice
    1/2 frozen banana (or 1/4 banana and 1/8 small avocado for lower sugar and some healthy fat)
    1 cup liquid - I usually do 1/2 milk 1/2 water
    1 scoop protein powder
    Depending on your protein powder and milk choice that is about 200 calories

Other add ins - will increase the calories so keep that in mind when planning your meals:
    1 TB flax seed or chia seed - I prefer flax seed as chia tends to make is a little too thick unless you drink it really fast
    Greek Yogurt - will increase protein as well as make it more creamy but watch the sugar totals if you use flavored, if you add the yogurt you can reduce the
    Nut butters - will also increase protein and healthy fats
    Other veggies - I have replaced the fruit with baby carrots and a few chunks of pineapple for a "carrot cake" smoothie
    Cinnamon - an absolute must with blueberries in my opinion
    Unsweetened cocoa powder - for when you need a chocolate fix, awesome with PB, strawberries, and sweet cherries (I don't usually mix those together)
    Extracts - my favorite is almond but vanilla with the right fruit mix is fantastic
    Ginger - fresh or powdered and can help with digestion (also good in the "carrot cake" version)
    Dates - soaked for several minutes in very hot water make a great way to sweeten smoothies if you need that

My favorite combos are:
    dark sweet cherries with cocoa powder & almond extract
    mix of mango, peaches, and strawberries with ginger and cinnamon and some shredded unsweetened coconut
    Apple pie - half a large apple, lots of cinnamon, Greek yogurt (otherwise it isn't very creamy), 5 raw almonds, and some ice cubes
  • MarieHillPemberton
    MarieHillPemberton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Banana
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Avacardo
    Raspberries
    Squeeze a fresh orange
    Pro biotic yogurt or coconut milk
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My go-to is pretty simple:

1 cup crushed ice
    1 cup partially thawed frozen strawberries
    1/2 banana in the smoothie (the other half I eat while blending it...)
    1 cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder.

That's it. 405 cal; 49g protein; 1.9g fat; 52 carb (counting the whole banana). I like the ice and and partially frozen strawberries to give more of a "treat" feel - like a slurpee...

It also is totally filling. As you might guess. It's what's for breakfast about 50% of the time.