Singles I have a question

tlwkrw2011
tlwkrw2011 Posts: 15 Member
Would anybody date someone from this. Is this a good way to meet and talk with potential matches?

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    The purpose for, being here shouldn't be to, date because that's no different than, if you went to the grocery store to potentially; find a date & thus, that'd be; creepy! However if, by happenstance you were to; meet someone here or the grocery store, that's fine but it, shouldn't be; a plan to!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Anywhere people gather and interact socially is potentially a place to meet someone you match well with.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Sure, why not? I suppose anything is possible.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Yes. Are you free this evening?

:D
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    edited March 2017
    In looking at your profile all of your friends are women... so, that kind of says something, doesn't it. And, if you are asking if it is okay to ask one of them that you like out for a date, I agree it would be creepy, and not appropriate. The internet is a crazy place - not all people are what they seem a lot of times. Maybe they are married and say that they are single. Maybe they say they are into you and are just being nice. It's hard to tell. Personally, I am here to be in a safe place to work on my fitness goals (and I am probably old enough to be your momma) and I don't think that turning MFP into a dating site would be cool. nor do I think that you should try to troll your MFP friends for dates. There is CraigsList.com, OKCupid.com, Match.com, dharmamatch.com, christiansingles.com, etc. where that would be appropriate - but not here.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    If you don't mind sharing then it's a great place!!
  • grandmalaura54
    grandmalaura54 Posts: 4 Member
    I say life is short. Go ahead and do it. You never know. She or he might be the one. Just meet at a coffee house. When I said life is short. I also meant to be careful.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    How do you feel about dogs and baths?
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Are you open to dating men as well? Maybe we could go out for a drink after work. Maybe get a 7-Up.

Quit drinking all your calories!!! We talked about this
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    In looking at your profile all of your friends are women... so, that kind of says something, doesn't it. And, if you are asking if it is okay to ask one of them that you like out for a date, I agree it would be creepy, and not appropriate. The internet is a crazy place - not all people are what they seem a lot of times. Maybe they are married and say that they are single. Maybe they say they are into you and are just being nice. It's hard to tell. Personally, I am here to be in a safe place to work on my fitness goals (and I am probably old enough to be your momma) and I don't think that turning MFP into a dating site would be cool. nor do I think that you should try to troll your MFP friends for dates. There is CraigsList.com, OKCupid.com, Match.com, dharmamatch.com, christiansingles.com, etc. where that would be appropriate - but not here.

Awesome post.

.... what are you wearing?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    If you don't mind sharing then it's a great place!!

Yeah, pretty sure it's like 80% women and 20% men on this site :smile:

Pretty sure that 22.68452 percent of statistics are made up, but this one might be accurate. *joking*

In all seriousness though, go for it. MFP would be a common interest right? Just don't be a stalker if they aren't interested in those kind of feels on here. I met my partner online, not on a dating site, not here and it's been awesome because we were friends first. I would just say meet sooner than later, otherwise the in person chemistry might not be there that you have online.

Thankfully you used a lowercase 'S' for the word: stalker

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Nope

I'm just here to post the least dank memes I have
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    I'm only here for the memes.