Need My Music...but also my trainer

Options
I've been working out with a personal trainer for 3 months now...a real live trainer not an app. I really thrive on working out with music blaring in my headphones but it's difficult to do that with my trainer trying to do sign language to instruct me or encourage during my workout if my headphones are in. Does anyone know of an app or some Brittney Spears headphone/speaker styled tech gear that would allow me to use my Bluetooth headphones, have music playing and have my trainer be able to use some sort of other headphone with a speaker to be able to talk over my music playing in my headphones?? There has to be something on the market or some sort of app that would make this happen. Much appreciation for any suggestions.

Replies

• playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Does your gym have class studios that are free at certain times of day? My previous trainer was happy to use the studio and the music system there. (Very limited space on gym floor). Speak to your trainer and see if you can come up with something, maybe a couple of sessions in car park or a little used area of gym, you may not be able to have music blasting out, but could probably have your choice.

I'm surprised your trainer hasn't already suggested something as it would totally do my head in, trying to instruct someone who can't hear me due to headphones being used.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    you might wanna work on your focus skills. if you are paying for a trainer and want to learn, you might wanna put your music away during the training session and focus.
  • EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I used to think I couldn't run without music but since I started running with my dog I have ditched the music. It took a few goes but I got used to it and now I get on just fine without it. Why don't you just try it without music for a little while? It won't be easy the first go but you do get used to it quite quickly.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Learn to work out without music. You're looking for a technological solution for a problem that is psychological - you don't NEED the music.
  • Lesley2603
    Lesley2603 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My trainer would think I was being incredibly rude if I had headphones on while training.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Lesely2603 wrote: »
    My trainer would think I was being incredibly rude if I had headphones on while training.

That was my first thought too
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Bone conduction headphones.