My Story: The mini version

Options
Hello everyone. So, my name is Jenn. I am 34. I have struggled with being overweight most of my life. I weighed over 100 lbs by the time I was in second grade, over 150 lbs in 6th grade, and graduated high school in 2000 weighing over 180 lbs. By the time I met my current husband in 2006, I weighed between 220-230 lbs. I hadn't ever been able to lose weight and keep it off.
Okay, >deep breath<....... in December of 2015, I weighed 261 lbs. I also started using Meth heavily. I realized that when I used on a daily basis, I had absolutely no thought of food. By June, I had lost well over 60 lbs. I continued on this path, until this past September. I have started an outpatient drug program, I am involved in church, and I am proud to say that as of March 7th this year, I have 6 months, 100% clean and sober!! However, I have also gained an extreme amount of weight since then. At my last doctors appointment, about 2 weeks ago, I tipped the scales at 298 lbs. :'(
My sister told me about this app. I am ready for a healthy change in my life, but I really don't know where to start. Any comments or advice are strongly welcomed! I look forward to finding new friends with healthy habits.

Replies

• ahughes5587
    ahughes5587 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @gilesjessica congratulations on hitting 6 months. I just hit my 5th month of no drinking. That's a very great thing and am proud of you for that. You've already started the process. It isn't easy coming on here and telling your story to strangers. You should start by setting goals. You already know how much weight you want to lose, now set small weekly or monthly goals. That way you'll feel more accomplished.
  • lizziegal12
    lizziegal12 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @gilejenniferlynn you can do this, if you can be sober for 6months & counting then you are a strong person & you can beat this! Hang in there!
  • gilesjenniferlynn
    gilesjenniferlynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks ahughes5587. I'm proud of you too! Giving up things you love is definitely tough. I used to be a pretty heavy drinker. I traded that habit for drugs. Not a healthy chice, lol. I tried to accept your request but I only got an error code.
  • gilesjenniferlynn
    gilesjenniferlynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks lizziegal12 for the words of encouragement. I also tried to accept your request, but again, I received an error code. Do you know why that might be?
  • lizziegal12
    lizziegal12 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks lizziegal12 for the words of encouragement. I also tried to accept your request, but again, I received an error code. Do you know why that might be?
    I got your add, so it's fine now. Try not to be so hard on yourself, everyone has 'something' or some imperfections that's what makes us human.