Going the right way?

I'm a mesomorph , 208lbs, and started working out/dieting 2 weeks ago when I was 210. So far I lost a pound a week. I workout 6 days a week. I lift and go cardio. I eat 200 grams protein / 200 grams carb . 60 grams of fat. I love this diet. My body still looks the same but it only has been 2 weeks.

My concern is this... is it possible to workout too much than it doesn't go with my goals? I'm trying to lose fat and define. When is a good time to do cardio so it won't hurt my muscle?

Replies

• AmirHafizhin
    AmirHafizhin Posts: 2 Member
    Slightly drop the carbs, it will work since carbs hold 4g of water for each 1g carbs
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Slightly drop the carbs, it will work since carbs hold 4g of water for each 1g carbs

There's nothing wrong with the amount of carbs the OP is eating
    ldreyes027 wrote: »
    I'm a mesomorph , 208lbs, and started working out/dieting 2 weeks ago when I was 210. So far I lost a pound a week. I workout 6 days a week. I lift and go cardio. I eat 200 grams protein / 200 grams carb . 60 grams of fat. I love this diet. My body still looks the same but it only has been 2 weeks.

My concern is this... is it possible to workout too much than it doesn't go with my goals? I'm trying to lose fat and define. When is a good time to do cardio so it won't hurt my muscle?

You'll know you're working out too much when you can't do your workouts. I do cardio on opposite days from weights (lift Wednesday/Friday/Sunday, cardio Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday). Also don't worry about your somatotype. Two pounds lost is great progress, but you'll likely not see any physical change for a while still.
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Your body will let you know when you need a rest day. Also, a rest day can be active. For example, playing a new sport like tennis, golf, shooting basketball, etc.