How many times have you failed (gain weight back) and had to start again?

Options
jaz090202
jaz090202 Posts: 7 Member
edited March 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
It's mentally exhausting. I loss 12lbs and.gained 6 back. So I am starting again. I know I am to blame. I just have to realize that I can't splurge all weekend. I can't go to the bar for hours with friends, bc I'm not gonna order a Michelob Ulta..
just wanted to vent

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    2 or 3 times since 2012.

1) Crash diet of a sort. I couldn't maintain it long term. I lost 60 lbs, maintained a few months after quitting crash diet, and then gained 20 lbs back.

2) When I got to around 90 lbs lost from heaviest weight, I found out I was pregnant. I gained 40 lbs during the pregnancy. Not sure if this counts as a fail though. I lost the pregnancy weight in about 6 months and continued to lose.

3) After getting to around 138 lbs lost, I gained 10 lbs. 3 lbs when I swithched to maintaining (glycogen stores maybe) and then an additional 7 lbs when I started working at McDonald's (made poor choices for my free meal).
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    None for me :/ I never cared to try before until i decided to do it
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,113 Member
    Options
    How many times have you failed (gain weight back) and had to start again?

I just barely set foot in the overweight range of my BMI scale back when I was about 23 ... distracted by surgeries and moving ... and then lost that weight very soon after when I got more active again.

I remained in my normal BMI range for the next 20 years when I nudged up into that overweight range again ... again, distracted by ill health (DVT) and moving ... and then I lost that weight a few months later when I got more active again.

I maintained my weight for about a year, then very slowly started gaining again until about 2 years later when I got back up into the overweight range ... distracted by ill health (several things) and several moves and 8 months of travelling the world and eating all the good food out there.

As soon as things settled and I was able to get more active again, I lost the weight and have kept it off now for almost 2 years. :)
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    3 or 4 times now. But this time it's going to be a rest of my life lifestyle change. Not doing this again because I won't have to (fingers crossed lol)
  • Blizoria
    Blizoria Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Once it was the only time I successfully lost weight. I lost 12kg and was the thinnest I've ever been. Unfortunately it was because i hired a personal trainer and had a strict no carbs, no sugar diet and as soon as i finished/stopped i gained it all back again. The thought of doing the diet and strenuous exercise makes me nervous. I'm trying to do it so that i dont need a personal trainer and strict undesirable diets. Struggling but doable.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    This is my second bout. The first time I lost around 50lbs, gained everything back over the span of 7 years and then some. Now I've lost 50lbs again, but am still 50lbs away from where I want to go. I don't plan on doing this again.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Once. I lost 70 lbs the last year I was in college. I kept it off for several years and then I gradually gained it back. A couple of years ago I lost it again.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    29 years yoyoing
    Many reasons though
    It is much harder as we age tbh
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I've only been in the weight loss phase one time, and now I'm several years into maintenance. I went into this whole thing hyper-focused on the long term though, and the first day of my weight loss phase I was already putting my maintenance plan together. I knew from family and friends that it was easy to lose weight, but none of them could maintain their losses for any amount of time. I decided from day one that I would maintain long term and here I am :)
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Once ten years ago when I did keto but had no idea why I was losing weight. I've since kept it off for 4 years.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Every bulk and cut cycle. So about every four months. Three months of gaining, three weeks of losing, rinse repeat. Yes, it's with purpose, but I am technically gaining and losing weight. ;)