Up to my neck in cucumbers (recipes needed)

Options
2»

Replies

• slheflinVA
    slheflinVA Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Just saw this recipe for Tzatziki this morning on a food blog & it looked soooo good.

http://stylethatfood.com/?p=313

I was going to post the same thing. I think I'm going to try it tonight since my fridge is overflowing as well!
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Used to do a cucumber salad (kind of), slice the cucumbers thin, and then put a few drops of lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and sour cream mix and chill...turns out really good. Not sure of any of the "counts" but it's another alternative.

Also had a coworker do a pasta, shrimp, cucumber salad the other day. She used elbow macaroni (i'd go for the shells they make me happy), baby salad shrimp, cucumbers chopped up, and mayonnaise (again not sure of the count) but it was really good and I don't like cucumbers :)
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    This is a summertime fav in my family. It's really good with sliced tomatoes added into it as well. A perfect sidedish on a hot summer evening and a great summer potluck dish as well!

Lizzeth's Cucumber Salad
    from The Biggest Loser Cookbook

4 cups sliced thin cucmber unpeeled
    1/2 medium red onion finely slivered
    3 cups water
    11/2 cups white vinegar
    3 packets splenda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp ground black pepper

supposed to make 6 11/4 cup servings, if you use 3 medium cucumbers instead, it will. mix all ingredients together in plastic container cover and refridgerate for at least 3 hours, lasts up to 5 days. Nutritional values as in the biggest loser cookbook would then be as follows, 40 cals, 2g protien, 6g carbs, 0g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 2g fiber, 195mg sodium.

Number of Servings: 6
    per serving:

Calories 14.1