oh snow days...

Options
currently sitting in the middle of blizzard-like conditions (I believe the last forecast I saw said 18-30 inches). My dog (a sheltie), wants to go outside constantly to go bounce around in snow that currently is up to her chest. My other dog, a Chihuahua, is curled up under the biggest pile of blankets she can find. My cats are ping-ponging from window to window watching the snow fall in between cat naps and clawing my leg for attention.

I have a giant pot of coffee to sip to avoid boredom munchies. I have Downton Abbey on the TV for noise. I will be warming homemade chicken soup in the crock pot for supper (I intend to eat my prepped lunch that I would have taken to work).

Anyone else stuck in snow today? What are your plans?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Dang, that makes me want to cocoon in my nest with cocoa and family. But all we got is frost in the morning and 60 F in the afternoon.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    No snow, but I was without power over the weekend. It sucked.
  • JSaus13
    JSaus13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in Vermont watching it snow outside my work window. They're calling for blizzard-like conditions and are saying to stay off the roads. My boss is on vacation in the Caribbean and we just emailed him to see what we should do. Many businesses in our town are shutting down early as the weather is just going to get worse. I'm really hoping that our boss says to go home.
  • DeeBrat1313
    DeeBrat1313 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yes I'm up in Maine expecting 20-24 inches....salad just doesn't sound appealing today ha ha...but I made a boiled dinner the other day (without potatoes) and looking forward to heating that up later to keep warm
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Still snowing here in Canada.. totally ruined my 5am run, now I feel my whole week has turned up side down lol.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Yup. Snow day here. Kid is home because school cancelled. Screws up my workout schedule. But, I can go shovel snow for some cardio.
  • TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Spring weather here in Paris
    Sunny and 63°f.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Coffee in bed, indoor bike trainer, turkey-noodle soup, watching the kids sled in the backyard, working (which I always do at home, so no change there), and dark chocolate for when the kids get annoying.
  • iDad74
    iDad74 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    currently sitting in the middle of blizzard-like conditions (I believe the last forecast I saw said 18-30 inches). My dog (a sheltie), wants to go outside constantly to go bounce around in snow that currently is up to her chest. My other dog, a Chihuahua, is curled up under the biggest pile of blankets she can find. My cats are ping-ponging from window to window watching the snow fall in between cat naps and clawing my leg for attention.

I have a giant pot of coffee to sip to avoid boredom munchies. I have Downton Abbey on the TV for noise. I will be warming homemade chicken soup in the crock pot for supper (I intend to eat my prepped lunch that I would have taken to work).

Anyone else stuck in snow today? What are your plans?

Well, at some point I will have to shovel out. I also plan on working out. Watching Netflix and trying not to eat any junk.
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Snowing all day so far here in Toronto, seems like you southerners are getting the worst of it. I dragged myself to lecture this morning and loaded up on groceries. There was 1/4 of the regular people in class today. I'm in bed now watching tv instead of doing school work and am fighting a cold. Trying to drink lots of tea today! Stay warm everyone!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    This winter has made me miss snow. We got an inch last night and it's melted from everywhere except our deck already.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm in MA and have been watching the snow coming down all frikkin' morning. Think today's run is going to be on the treadmill.

So how many calories does shovelling burn then?
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm also in MA and kept my normal morning routine and went to the gym. Nothing fun was planned other than working remotely from home and maybe shoveling out the car. haha. I'm hoping that the driveway gets plowed out before I take the dogs for their evening walk. If my driveway is not plowed out, well I imagine we will walk through the snow to get to the road and go from there.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Yes. Hey does the calories burnt shoveling seem high to anyone else??
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother logging shoveling. I figure I won't eat that back and it would be a bonus.
  • anarchysdaughter
    anarchysdaughter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Same here. Snowed in. Did some exercise with the Fitstar app. Meal prepped. Made some chicken breast in the crockpot that was delicious. Hoping to hunker down with my fur babies and read a book for the rest of the night. Hope you are enjoying your snow day! ❄️