When do you eat?

Options
I just wonder - do you all eat because it is bfast/lunchtime or dinner time? Or do you eat when you get hungry?

Replies

• afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    I've been eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner lately, with a bedtime snack if needed. I'm hungry at those times. If I'm not truly hungry, I have no business eating.
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I don't have set meal times, I normally eat when I am hungry or have the time. I eat breakfast, lunch and snacks at work - if I go to the gym at work over my "lunch" break then I just eat at my desk whenever I am hungry. Dinner depends on when I get home - some days I eat dinner at 5pm, others it's 8pm.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    In the morning I eat when I'm hungry, then I go by the clock. I'm a boredom eater and prefer to have a schedule.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I scatter my food out through the day and save most of my calories for the evening when i'm likely to want to snack more. I still typically have a breakfast, lunch, and dinner with snacks in between them.
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    i try to eat every 2/3 hrs after my fasting period has ended until i've reached my 5 meals for the day
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Typically every few hours. Usually 7:30am (breakfast), 9am, 11am, 12:30pm (lunch), 2pm, 4pm, 6:30pm (dinner), 9pm. And sometimes a snack at 3am
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I eat not because of designated time to eat. I eat on a pattern that I find most effective for me. All around. Meeting all my family and friend obligations, and my activities.
  • zorrocat
    zorrocat Posts: 153 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    On weekdays, I eat when I get to work (about 8:45), have lunch around 12:30, and eat dinner around 6:30 when I get home. So, to answer the question, I have pretty set meal times that I've just gotten used to over time.

It's the late afternoons that are difficult for me. If I'm having a stressful day at work, I often try to procrastinate by snacking, which is bad on both fronts.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Here's my eating schedule:

9:00 - a smoothie (150 to 220 cal) or a breakfast bar (110 to 220)
    noon - small orange
    2:00 - two to three gummi candies (Just to satisfy my sweet tooth, lol.)
    3:30 - breakfast or health bar, one Girl Scout cookie (gotta support the Scouts, am I right?)
    7:00 to 10:00, depending how long it takes to make dinner - high calorie dinner

I found that when I tried to make all my meals equal sizes, I overate on dinner anyway. So now I just eat light on all meals except for dinner.

I do not eat whenever I'm hungry. If I'm hungry during the middle part of the day, I just ignore it.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast (unless it's the weekend I sometimes eat it then) I have a 200 calorie lunch and then I eat the bulk of my calories after dark. It makes absolutely no difference so eat when it works for you, not when someone else tells you you should.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    My hunger button is broken so I kinda go by the clock.

It seems I'm truly hungry around 10:30-11am.

After that I don't know if I understand true hunger so I go by the clock and eat early dinner. I stop eating for the day around 5pm. Otherwise it seems true hunger and boredom eating get mixed up.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Workout before 7 am, eat breakfast after showering.
    Snack at 10 am
    Lunch around noon
    Snack around 3 pm
    Dinner at 7 pm, followed by something small and sweet (like a half cup of Halo Top)

I don't let myself get too hungry, because then I overeat. I do better following a schedule.
  • crvynatrlbeauty
    crvynatrlbeauty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I try to eat the three square meals a day and have snacks in between, but, I too, am an emotional/bored eater ... so on the days I'm extra sleepy or stressing about something, my calorie intake rises ... smh
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I work at home and have activities that keep me out late a couple nights a week, so my schedule is custom :)

Currently I get up at 9ish and have coffee and then I run and eat my first meal after that maybe 12-1. My lunch will be 3.30/4 and will be fairly light. I will snack at 5-6 if I am working out after sunset (chicken bedtime) and then dinner will be after I'm done with all that. If I'm out for the evening I'll eat some soup when I get in around midnight, or pack a little something for the hour drive home.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Breakfast when I wake up
    5ish hours later I eat lunch
    5ish hours later I eat dinner
    Throw a couple of proteinshakes in there if I need the protein
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    For me it's a little of both. On weekdays I eat lunch at noon. That is when I have my lunch break at work. I am usually hungry then. I eat my breakfast anytime between 7:30 - 9:30. Usually either when I am hungry or when I have time. Dinner is usually any time between 5 - 7. I have eaten later when there is a lot going on, but I am usually hungry at those times. I don't typically snack except a dessert after dinner. Sometimes it is right after dinner and sometimes it is a couple of hours after depending on how early I ate. On the weekends I play it by ear more and just eat when I'm hungry.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,203 Member
    Options
    I never eat by the clock, I eat by my stomach. I'm very rarely hungry until hours after I wake up and have never been one to like 'snacking' constantly. I prefer two larger afternoon and evening meals over constant tiny mouthfuls. However, I know others that would lose their mind eating like that. The trick is finding what keeps you satiated.
  • joelartygreenwood
    joelartygreenwood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I always eat by the clock.

Breakfast @ 6:30am (600 calories) - eggs & cereal
    Mid morning meal @ 10:00am (200 calories) - fish/chicken & veggies
    Mid afternoon meal @ 2:00pm (200 calories) - fish/chicken & veggies
    Dinner @ 6:30pm (whatever calories are left) - eggs or normal meal
    - then try to avoid eating or snacking in the evening
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I don't normally eat breakfast. I get up at 3:45 am, and I have a decaf coffee and milk before I go out the door at 5. By lunch time, 11:00 to 11:30, I am most definitely hungry, and that is also when it is convenient for me to eat lunch. I'm usually home by 5:30 or 6, and the first order of business is getting a dinner on the table for me and the family. By that time, I am usually very hungry. In fact, I sometimes have to quickly heat up and eat something I've pre-packed for myself before I can even mentally focus on preparing a meal for everyone else. And, if I have saved enough calories for it, I will usually have a dessert that I have pre-made for such occasions.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I eat at a regular schedule (3 meals), but am normally hungry/ready to eat at those times.