prickly skin during 30 day shred

Options
I'm almost finished Level 3 of The 30 day shred. During this last level I get a moment where I start to feel as if my skin (or below my skin) feels all prickly?

Am I overdoing it & has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Ha, that happens to me! It's like a chill or goosebumps or something. Dunno why it happens - maybe body trying to cool itself down?
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I used to get this when I rollarbladed or rode my bike hard. It gets really itchy? From what I have read, it happens when your circulatory system is unaccustomed to the extra exertion. Now that I have completed c25k, I don't get that during cardio/aerobic activities anymore. Must be something to it.
  • michellewilliams10
    michellewilliams10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replys...i've just googled this and from what I can gather it may be down to the sweat glands or capillaries opening up ( or not as the case may be) when exercising. Saunas to open up the pores may help?
  • utopiachild71
    Options
    I have eczema on my arms and when I am really working out hard and sweating, my arms feel that same way you describe.
  • michellewilliams10
    michellewilliams10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's not a very pleasant feeling never mind on top of a skin condition. I feel it for you...