Any success stories eating 1200 calories with NO EXERCISE?

Options
Just wanna know if someone lost any weight by eating only 1200 calories and not doing any exercise ? Comment it below :)

Replies

• gillesse
    gillesse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm on a low carb 1200 calorie diet. I have been doing it for a month so far and dropped one dress size. Still have a long way to go though.
  • zb786
    zb786 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i am trying exactly this trying my very best to keep my calorie intake below 1200, sometimes i do go off but get back on it again.i have lost about 7lbs so far, but have got a very long way to go- my target being a loss of 3 st. i find it very hard to stay motivated. i am a yoyo dieter i loose weight then put back on what i have lost and some extra lbs!!!! can be very frustrating!! :)
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    zb786 wrote: »
    i am trying exactly this trying my very best to keep my calorie intake below 1200, sometimes i do go off but get back on it again.i have lost about 7lbs so far, but have got a very long way to go- my target being a loss of 3 st. i find it very hard to stay motivated. i am a yoyo dieter i loose weight then put back on what i have lost and some extra lbs!!!! can be very frustrating!! :)

You shouldn't go under 1200, if you stick with 1200 exactly you'll lose. I just took a break from working out and dropped 3lbs in a week that way.
  • Fridayss
    Fridayss Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello I have been watching my calorie intake 1260 a day and no working out. I was at 278 I and now 259 in about 3 months. I work long hours at a desk Monday through Saturday. So hard to get the time to work out I want to but hard for me to start. I get off work at 7 PM so it would have to be at that time. My husband can get my son together at night for bed. I think even more weight would come off. I for got I am 5'7 hope to get down under 200 pounds.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    tazish4200 wrote: »
    Just wanna know if someone lost any weight by eating only 1200 calories and not doing any exercise ? Comment it below :)

The vast majority of women can eat more than 1200 calories do no exercise & lose weight. So it goes without saying.......yes you would lose weight at the lowest default minimum MFP gives BEFORE exercise. Petite and elderly women may need to go as low as 1200.

Google your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure).....this is your maintenance. Eating less than maintenance results in weight loss.

Example: A 5'5" woman, 21 years old, 150 pounds and sedentary burns around 1809 calories a day. So eating 1309 calories results in a 1 pound a week weight loss. Because she's not terribly over weight a 1 pound goal is not too aggressive. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Aggressive weight loss makes it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. Strength training & adequate protein will also help minimize lean muscle loss.
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yes , im 5-3 and wanted to lose 2 lbs per week it said the lowest i can go is 1200 calories a day with my normal daily movement around the house and kids as exercise... i lost 4-5 pounds a month that way ( roughly a pound a week)... im 30 years old... as long as calories in is less than calories out you'll eventually lose weight ( even with NO exercise) GOOD LUCK !!!!
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    The majority of my weight loss was based around 1200 - 1350 without exercise. I'd go on walks here and there but nothing too intense. However I definitely could have lost eating a lot more cals, low cal was just a quick fix really. It's definitely possible to lose weight eating more than 1200 with no exercise for most people.
  • dsadburrito
    dsadburrito Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I lost 96 lbs from eating 1200 calories a day and not exercising. I'm a 5'10 female.

Granted I gained half of it back lately but we don't talk about that ;)

In my opinion people eat and think we need to eat way more than we should.

If you want to do 1200 calories a day go for it. If you feel unwell and hungry or dizzy etc. then eat more, simple as that. I never had any signs like that and I was fine. Ultimately it's up to you and what you feel is right - just listen to any signs your body sends you.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Depending on your height anyone can lose weight on 1200... keeping it off is another story. If you are tired of the diet yo-yo the only thing that works is slightly under your maintenance over time, a balanced diet, consistency. Not very exciting I know, but there are no short cuts. Amount of food controls body fat. Exercise is for health and building a lean body mass.

So if your question really is can you lose body fat with nutrition alone and a calorie deficit and no exercise - absolutely yes. It is not as pretty or healthy, but yes.
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stick to 1200 calories. I had a torn meniscus, had the surgery last week, which limited my walking and almost every other activity. I dropped 20.5 lbs. since I started just after New Years. I have occasionally gone way over, when booze is flowing, but for the most part I've been good. I started at 216 now 195.5 and I'm 5'3".

I'm planning on adding exercise now, or as soon as I get doctor clearance.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!