Not losing lbs

Options
Im getting fitter but i dont seem to be losing the wieght any help and advice

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Without any more information on offer the only answer can be to consume less.

However if you give details such as height, weight, age, activity, exercise, calories, how you measure calories accurately, time without weight loss etc etc more details answers could be provided.
  • amandabrookshaw
    amandabrookshaw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im 5.4 200lbs 27 i been around 200 for a month now sometimes a bit more sometimes a little less i walk for about 1.5 hours a day im doing about 100 star jumps some squats and some sit ups each day and my calorie goal is 1550 which i am usually under
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Are you weigh all food on a digital food scale
    Measuring all liquids ?
    Logging every thing you consume ?
    We are similar weighs heights but im 47 I'm on 1400 a day I do not eat exercise calories and I walk 1-2 hours a day I lose weight
    So your 100 extra could be as age but if your strict on weighing etc you should be losing ?
  • amandabrookshaw
    Options
    I eat the exercise calories should i not do that and i have started to weigh my food and drink
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    I eat the exercise calories should i not do that and i have started to weigh my food and drink

Try eating about half your exercise calories.

Have you set yourself to lose about 0.5 lbs/week? Is that why you're at 1550 cal?
  • size102b
    Options
    How are you finding out what your exercise calories are ?
    Your already eating 1500 there abouts a day and your not very active
    How many exercise calories are you eating a day ?
    What's your usual total calorie intake a day ?

How have you set your calories as on here ?
    Activity etc or sedentary ?
  • klingonbarbie
    klingonbarbie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a chronic underactive thyroid condition so my weight loss is slow, but I only eat about 1500 cals aday & try to ignore the excerise ones (just walking to the station each day & some cycling at weekends plus loads of gardening) except at weekends when I go loopy on food & don't bother log in!!, I'm quite short at 5'8 3.4" & weigh an obese looking 190 lbs, i put the wrong weight in when i first joined mfp so it looks like I have lost 70lbs...my problem is that as a vegan I go over my sugar allowance each day & far under on my salt allowance, suggest you have just one day a week when you avoid all processed food..also get your thyroid glands checked out! ROme wasn't built in day & the reason why i STOPPEd going to WEIGHT WATCHERS was because I was there with folks who would gloat about the 5-6 lbs they would loose every week compared to my .50 lb, our body chemistry is different for each & everyone of us...
  • size102b
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have a chronic underactive thyroid condition so my weight loss is slow, but I only eat about 1500 cals aday & try to ignore the excerise ones (just walking to the station each day & some cycling at weekends plus loads of gardening) except at weekends when I go loopy on food & don't bother log in!!, I'm quite short at 5'8 3.4" & weigh an obese looking 190 lbs, i put the wrong weight in when i first joined mfp so it looks like I have lost 70lbs...my problem is that as a vegan I go over my sugar allowance each day & far under on my salt allowance, suggest you have just one day a week when you avoid all processed food..also get your thyroid glands checked out! ROme wasn't built in day & the reason why i STOPPEd going to WEIGHT WATCHERS was because I was there with folks who would gloat about the 5-6 lbs they would loose every week compared to my .50 lb, our body chemistry is different for each & everyone of us...

You don't have to stop eating anything it won't effect long term weightloss as long as your eating less than your body needs
    Lots people that use WW are on vlcd but don't say they use it to weigh 5-6 lbs a week is a rare loss even on vlcd after 2-3 weeks
    We should lose 0-5-2 lbs. a week
    I lost 71lbs in a year eating anything I liked as long as I kept in my calories and I lose slow I was exercising tons I just consumed less than my body burnt
    You will at time gain weight eating processed and salty foods as they retain water but it won't stop weightloss
    My mum has a near 0 working thyroid and she did WW she lost 50 lbs in a year but was active walked 2 hours to work and back 6 days a week and was on her feet at work all day but when she became les active 2 years later on retirement her weightloss slowed to 0.5/1lbs a week just as her body wasn't using up as much energy but she still lost weight eating what she liked
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Get hold of some digital scales to measure your food and a jug/spoons to measure liquids like dressing, sauces and milk. Also unless you are using a HRM you may be overestimating your burns so just eat back half those cals. Also don't eat back most of your walking cals unless you have set your profile to sedentary otherwise you'll be double dipping. Could you open your diary and make it public in the settings so people can find any problems with your logging, it'll be easier to help?

Chances are you are overestimating your burns and underestimating your cals if you are guessing. You started a thread not long ago asking advice about losing 35 pounds by summer and I am giving you the same advice if you have not started weighing/measuring your food properly. x Good luck, you can do it x

EDIT: I'd also like to add give it time it's not been that long and exercising can make you gain temporary water weight whilst you are simultaneously losing fat and can mask your loss, it will come off but its usually best to give it a few weeks. But my main advice is open your diary and see if we can spot any problems in the meantime. x
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am around your height and weight (5'3 and 190). I have read on these forums that mfp may grossly exaggerate the burn from exercise so I agree with others that you are likely not burning off as much as you think. Weigh and measure EVERYTHING and give it a few more weeks.
    Good luck
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't necessarily grossly exaggerate the burn from exercise ... but you do have to choose the light/low/slow options. I may feel like I'm putting in a huge effort, but I'm probably not, and so I pick the slow walk, the light and easy bicycle ride, etc.
  • amandabrookshaw
    Options
    Thanks everyone i think im going to stop eating the exercise calories and see what happens