Red Meat

Options
I noticed a big difference when I cut the red meat out of my diet. I was wondering if anybody esle has expericence the same as me.I do not feel as bloated:wink: and my work out plan seems to get me better results. How do you feel about red meat ?

Replies

• MADI150
    MADI150 Posts: 54
    Options
    I noticed a big difference when I cut the red meat out of my diet. I was wondering if anybody esle has expericence the same as me.I do not feel as bloated:wink: and my work out plan seems to get me better results. How do you feel about red meat ?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Cutting back on fatty red meats works for me as well. I don't cut it all together. I try to get leaner cuts such as sirloin and stick to no more than 3 oz. And of course I don't eat red meat everyday. I would say I eat red meat once or twice a week. Good job!! :flowerforyou:
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I dont eat red meat. It takes your body 3 days to totally digest red meat. And yes my body does feel much much better without it...
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I love a good steak now and then. And sometimes a burger. Mmmm... But I rarely eat it. At MOST I have it once a week but it's very rare that I even eat it that often. I just prefer to watch my cholesterol. I don't have high cholesterol by any means and my average daily intake is usually well under 100 mg but my dad has a bad history so I try to keep safe. Now if I can just work on my sodium intake...
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I agree with Max. Delicious. I like it still mooing.
    That said, it's expensive, so I don't eat it much. But we do need saturated fat in our diets and meat is the only source of complete amino acids (without needing to be eaten with anything else) with the exception of a certain algae.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    I like it.

LOL, me too! I couldn't cut it out either!!! mmmmmm STEAK!:tongue:
  • MADI150
    Options
    ILL KEEP THAT IN MINE . IWAS GOING TO TRY ONCE A MONTH I HAVE A FRIEND THAT STOP EATING RED MEAT AND HAD A BURGER AND WAS SICK AFTER THAT
  • adamk0324
    Options
    i stoped eating red meat and one day i did have a burger for dinner at a resturant with lettace tomato the norm and then i was sick that night and yesterday. not throwing up tho but well u know kinda sick it did not feel good.
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    I steer clear of it as when I play/coach Soccer, beef just weighs me down for the longest time (it takes 24 hrs plus to get fully out of your system...).

Oddly enough, when I also reduced my chicken and tended more towards Veggies and Fruits, I found myself clearer of mind, and more energetic. Don't get me wrong, I still do the Fish, Chicken, Turkey, thing, and I'll occasionally do some meats, I'm just saying, beef can be a drag on the body.

As with all meats and poultry, do your best to go organic, and try to use the leanest available.

Enjoy!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I grow less fond of it every day. And, from what I read, it will be no loss to my nutrional needs. I still like chicken, fish and some pork cuts. It wouldn't surprise me if one day soon I eat mostly vegetarian meals. Just a thought but sort of feel I am leaning towards that slowly but surely.

I haven't noticed a difference, yet, as I only quit about 1 week ago. I also stopped having any wine at all. I don't do "drunk" but I was in the habit of a glass of wine with dinner. Or 2 at the most. I have prayed that God would take away my desire for it because it is more harm than good imo. So we will see if it helps my weightloss:wink:

denise in Sams Valley OR
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I still eat red meat but leaner cuts
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Well, when you slay a lion in the arena I hope you don't let the meat go to waste, waist, whatever:laugh: :bigsmile: I know I know, don't quit my day job:wink:
    I like it.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything against red meat. My family actually has beef cattle. So we get it from our own farm and have it cut very lean.

I just don't eat very much of it. Sometimes I can't handle cooking it either. It's just one of those things...
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    love red meat...nothing like a well prepared steak....

but..yes we do need to limit the intake but if the system is working well and you chew properly I really think the 4 days to digest story is just that...

I generally have red meat about 2 times a month or so....I also love carne asada which fortunately is prertty cheap but lean
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    I love a tender, juicy cut of medium rare steak... mmmm.... brown on the outside, bright red on the inside.... but I don't have it very often. As much as I love meat, it does get expensive, especially when you buy only very lean cuts. I probably have some form of beef once a week, preferring chicken or fish because of cost and versatility.
  • MADI150
    Options
    I WILL JUST EAT LEAN CUTS IF I DO
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I eat lean red meats and find that if I cut them out entirely that I actually have less energy. Besides, I enjoy a good steak or pot roast occasionally. I've never had any problem with bloating or feeling bad unless I've really over eaten or if I've had something that is really greasy.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I love me some meat! Grew up a meat and potatoes kind of girl.

That being said, one day a week or two ago, I was fixing veal parmesan for the kids. I knew I didn't want those kinds of calories, so I stood in front of the freezer staring. And kept coming back to a wonderful looking T-bone. Pulled it out and defrosted it, but still was debating the calories and whether I really wanted to eat that much (and I'm including the buttery mushrooms on top, lol). I ended up cutting that wonderful steak into strips and stir frying it with some veggies from the fridge. That single steak gave me 4 meals, as opposed to one glorious stuffing if I had broiled it like I originally planned.

I'd say 2 or 3 days a week, we have chicken of some sort, 1 day of pizza, a day of pasta, and a day or 2 of red meat. We have a family of 6 (with two teenage and two almost teenage boys), so there aren't many leftovers, but we usually have a day of first come first serve leftovers for dinner. I say first come first serve, because those kids would rather have the one serving of tortellini, than the left over pork chops, lol.