taking a day to eat whatever you want and not count calories

Options
13»

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I plan a time, ranging from a single meal to a whole week, where I eat at or above maintenance. Both "cheat" meals, re-feeds and diet breaks are all important when dieting for prolonged periods of time.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I can't really do that. I occasionally relax, but if I let myself go, I'll really binge
  • HowardSwann834
    HowardSwann834 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a Type 2 diabetic, and I can only indulge myself a little. Consider yourself blessed if you can have a eat-whatever-I- want day.
  • klingonbarbie
    klingonbarbie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    at the weekend (11th march) I went to a Vegan food festival & I just gorged ( i mean seriously gorged) on free samples (loads & loads of chocloates) & other lovely healthy food on sale....decided not to log in at all for the weekend although i most probably walked for about 5 hours!!! up & down the stalls & the hills of BRIGHTON UK
  • jimr5454
    jimr5454 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi .im jim ive been on this journey for 2 years lost 70 pounds and love the lifestyle . I would love make freinds here so please add me if feel like it .i run 3 to 5 miles a day on treadmill or reclined bike ... so maybe we can figure a way for you loose and tone whatever you want.i would love some support amd can offer my ofeas if your ever interested
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Another thing you can do is treat yourself healthily. My mom lives 200 miles away and I like to take her out when I visit. She likes lamb chops at the Chinese place, so i PLAN to take her there and eat their most healthy item, which is probably egg drop soup. Advice? This enables me to go to my favorite pizza joint.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    When in maintenance, I don't ever feel like I am "trying to be perfect" or that I need a break. But occasionally a day will come up where I am faced with an indulgent treat or meal, and I go for it. :p Obviously I have to be conscious of that choice the next few days to manage those extra calories, but "guilt" is really never an issue for me. Taking an entire day to "eat whatever I want", to me, implies day-long mindless eating, and I just don't want to do that. I can certainly slack off on days where I do things like hiking Dragon's Tooth, or a really long bike ride, or even a day where I am sightseeing and walking all day, but it's never mindless for me. Not paying attention to what I eat is how I gained back these 15 pounds, so it's just really too easy for me, personally, to lose focus if I let myself get lazy.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I will also plan my splurge meals on days when I have the most cardio and hence, the most burn. An hour on the treadmill is usually plenty enough extra burn for a decent cheat meal.
  • jodietownsend03
    jodietownsend03 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I behave all week and then I treat on a Saturday and then just have healthy Sunday lunch with lots of veg. I have put on 7pounds since I went into maintenance but I have now stayed at that so maybe that is my right weight if I do the same each week and stay the same. It's been three months now where I have stayed the same. I think when u go into maintaining you have to expect that to get to your body's happy weight you'll gain a few. Xx
  • CaptainHandsome
    CaptainHandsome Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Every Sunday night for dinner I'll eat whatever I want. I need to at least once a week, but it's not an all day thing, and I still count the calories - I guess I don't feel guilty because I'm holding myself accountable for it. Last Sunday night I made a million nachos with a pound and a half of meat and cheese. I ate at least half the plate. I'm down 35 pounds from when I started just three months ago, so I feel no guilt.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Yep I do this. Once a week, on Saturdays, I don't really track and just kind of have a "play day". I've been really successful with it thus far.
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I did this yesterday. My cat had kittens and I was up all night and was tired all day and I just let myself eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it for the day. And now I'm back on track for today.