Is anyone else doing pretty well?

Options
Hi all!

I am a single 38 year old woman who is trying to lose 100+ lbs. But, and I feel it's necessary to stress this: I'm doing pretty well.

I have always had high (though sometimes admittedly fragile) self esteem, I'm hilarious, I have great friends/family and finally, now that I started to actually try to change my diet, I'm finding that it's not the worst ever.

So...

This may be odd, but I was wondering if anyone else was in the same/a similar boat and was looking for a weight loss buddy for some community and maybe some light support when things are crap. Mostly someone who might enjoy that I am:
unrelentingly positive
always referencing a new book
frequently trash talking certain sports teams
Etc.

Thanks for reading and I hope to talk to you soon!

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I invited you to a group of us on the 100+ lb journey :)
    Hilarious friends always welcome!
  • GymnasticsMommy
    GymnasticsMommy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 36 not single, but am doing OK thus far. I have lost about 30lbs for 2017 and am down two sizes. I like to think I am pretty damn funny and I will say by the time I hit my goal weight I will have lost over 100lbs as well. So yeah in the same boat there fo sho! I would love more friends for support too! :)
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well also!

Over 110lbs lost. Sometimes I get a little "hangry" or low on energy, but over all... I can't really complain!

I think you have the right attitude. Time and time again I find that plateaus and hiccups in my weight loss always coincide with bad moods and stress (maybe water retention from stress related hormones?), so trying our best to maintain a sunny disposition helps!
  • jimr5454
    jimr5454 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi .im jim ive been on this journey for 2 years lost 70 pounds and love the lifestyle . I would love make freinds here so please add me if feel like it .i run 3 to 5 miles a day on treadmill or reclined bike ... so maybe we can figure a way for you loose and tone whatever you want.i would love some support amd can offer my ofeas if your ever interested
  • jimr5454
    jimr5454 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi .im jim ive been on this journey for 2 years lost 70 pounds and love the lifestyle . I would love make freinds here so please add me if feel like it .i run 3 to 5 miles a day on treadmill or reclined bike ... so maybe we can figure a way for you loose and tone whatever you want.i would love some support amd can offer my ofeas if your ever interested
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    I invited you to a group of us on the 100+ lb journey :)
    Hilarious friends always welcome!

Thanks for the invite! There are a ton of groups so it's hard sometimes to find the right ones. I'll see you over there :D
  • theowlbox
    Options
    Hello! I am 36 not single, but am doing OK thus far. I have lost about 30lbs for 2017 and am down two sizes. I like to think I am pretty damn funny and I will say by the time I hit my goal weight I will have lost over 100lbs as well. So yeah in the same boat there fo sho! I would love more friends for support too! :)

Singleness not required at all, so let's give it a shot! Congrats on your success (that's amazing!!) and let's have a great week. :D
  • theowlbox
    Options
    Ok, I am used to typing. : D as a smiley face, but the emoji looks like it is screaming. I'll work on my emoji use, but fyi, I just wanted it to be REALLY smiley.
  • theowlbox
    Options
    jimr5454 wrote: »

That is awesome! At 2 years you must know a ton about the ups and downs and struggles. I'm currently good on the exercise front, but I'll keep it in mind. Would love to be friends!
  • ashleybarnette2013
    ashleybarnette2013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    theowlbox wrote: »
    Hi all!

I am a single 38 year old woman who is trying to lose 100+ lbs. But, and I feel it's necessary to stress this: I'm doing pretty well.

I have always had high (though sometimes admittedly fragile) self esteem, I'm hilarious, I have great friends/family and finally, now that I started to actually try to change my diet, I'm finding that it's not the worst ever.

So...

This may be odd, but I was wondering if anyone else was in the same/a similar boat and was looking for a weight loss buddy for some community and maybe some light support when things are crap. Mostly someone who might enjoy that I am:
    unrelentingly positive
    always referencing a new book
    frequently trash talking certain sports teams
    Etc.

Thanks for reading and I hope to talk to you soon!

yes ma'am I have lost 150lbs and only have 25 to go it's getting harder but I am up for the challenge anyway what you are doing is so possible and much easier then it seems it has taken me three years one of those I was pregnant I started my journey at 350lbs good luck

• theowlbox
    Options
    I have a bunch to lose. I can't make it past the first weekend though and I don't eat right and I lose momentum for another week. It's like a vicious cycle. I keep trying though.

Hey! I sent you a pm because it was 8 pages long : D
  • theowlbox
    Options
    I'm doing well also!

Over 110lbs lost. Sometimes I get a little "hangry" or low on energy, but over all... I can't really complain!

I think you have the right attitude. Time and time again I find that plateaus and hiccups in my weight loss always coincide with bad moods and stress (maybe water retention from stress related hormones?), so trying our best to maintain a sunny disposition helps!

Yeah, I try to remember that in relation to the whole world, my life is pretty great. Also, i really try not to beat myself up anout food choices and behavior. Either it's effective or it's not. It's not that i'm a bad person if i eat fritos. It helps me really just see weight loss as a result of a series of habits. Set them and let them roll. If you come to a bump, work on the bump. I feel extremely fortunate that I am not currently experiencing huge emotional peaks and valleys about that stuff. (I would have had those had I started doing this before now. Now I have enough therapy under my belt that I'm not having those issues and, knock on wood, I am hoping that i can be done with those big swings of self punishment.)

Thanks for responding!
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! I'm smart and funny and optimistic too! Let's be buds!