How much water do you drink a day &

Options
On MFP is it done by 8oz increments they equal a cup, Just wondering!

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't drink the same amount each day nor do I track it. I have a big glass on my desk at work and drink 2-3 of those each day (20-something oz I think). Then I usually have a bottle of water after Zumba (12 oz, I think). I usually drink wine in the evenings and sometimes have a small glass of water during that time if I drink very much, since wine can be fairly dehydrating.
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    a LOT.
    I say I drink 8 to 10 "cups" but each of my cups is at least 1.5. I just drink it all day at work in my tall glass.
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I try to drink at least half my body weight in ounces of water every day, but I generally go way over.

Goal - 230 Pounds = 115 ounces or 14 to 15 8oz glasses.

I usually hit 16 to 18 - especially on week days (if I'm at work, the more I have to go up the stairs to pee the less I work, lol), and days that I have a big work out.
  • vbennett7
    vbennett7 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My goal is 8 glasses of ice water . I don't always reach it. I was told by a personal trainer that you can lose 20 pounds in a year just by doing that change. Adding packets to bottled water doesn't count. It has to be plain water. If you drink anything else, you should drink more water to equal the other fluid you consumed. Ice water makes you burn more calories.
  • sassysunflower
    Options
    I drink at least 12- 8oz. glasses a day. 4 glasses by 10:00 am, another 4 glasses by 3:00 pm, 4 glasses while working out at the gym, and if I can stomach any more, I drink a little bit more or 8 oz. of caffeine free diet Coke. I am a teacher, so my usual classroom routine, helps me stay on track.
  • OneFitMom_
    OneFitMom_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I drink between 18-20, 8 oz glasses a day.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think right now I average about 5 cups a day. I drink a glass of water with my vitamins in the morning and while I'm at work I have a 32-oz. water bottle that I can fill up and I try to get through the whole thing.

If I've recently gone shopping though, I might have a 33-oz. bottle of the Clear American flavored water from Wal-mart. I find those much easier (and faster) to go through than plain water.

I was up to at least 8 cups a day, but I was so thirsty all the time that I let it slip down to a more tolerable level. Now I'm working my way back up, slowly. :)
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I second the drinking 1/2 your body weight. I actually drink a little bit more than that, but that's because my water bottle is 26 oz. I try and drink 4 of the throughout the day, so I drink 104oz a day. I currently weight 206.8 so it pretty close. :) I do still have a diet caffeine free soda 1 or 2 times a day, but that's it.
  • MOM2RYAN
    MOM2RYAN Posts: 6
    Options
    I know that I don't drink enough - that is something I am really going to start working on!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My goal is 8 glasses of ice water . I don't always reach it. I was told by a personal trainer that you can lose 20 pounds in a year just by doing that change. Adding packets to bottled water doesn't count. It has to be plain water. If you drink anything else, you should drink more water to equal the other fluid you consumed. Ice water makes you burn more calories.

Any iced drink makes you burn a few extra calories. The calories come from your body warming the cold liquid. It doesn't have to be plain water. Even an ice cold beer will do that, though of course the beer will add more calories that you burn warming it.
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have a 20 oz old Diet Coke bottle at my desk that gets filled as soon as I come in to work, again right before lunch and again right ater. Then I try to get a couple more cups of water in at home afte I get there. And, I try to down a whole bottle at the gym on the days I work out. Added benefit - many trips to the lady's room add steps to my pedometer!!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I assumed MFP water arrow thing goes by 8 oz cups.

I drink minimum 8, 8 oz a day. I try to drink more but sometimes its hard to drink the minimum if I am on the go... I am in the bathroom every 15 minutes and with two little kids with me all the time I can't do quick bathroom breaks
  • Ohsixoh8
    Ohsixoh8 Posts: 8
    Options
    i drink as much as i can.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My glass at work is 250ml so about 8.5 oz. I aim for 20 glasses or 5 litres a day. I don't always manage them all but I usually get at least 14.

I treat myself to a coffee at 3 litres (12 glasses).
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I try for at least 10 "cups" or 80 oz.
    When I drink a 20 oz bottle of water at work, I only list 2 cups (16 oz) so I know I get extra.

I lose track of my water drinking at work sometimes.
    My boss just bought a brita water thingie so I don't have to use as many bottles of water.
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    I count it by 8oz. I drink out of a big 24oz. cup at work, so if it's a third empty I mark down 1 cup, etc..
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    It goes by 8 oz cups, yes. I average about 30 cups/day - but have been as low as 20 and as high as 40...
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Between 12 and 15 most days.

It's really easy to drink that much if you work out and it's been really hot here lately as well. I learned the hard way when I lived down south that if you don't stay really well hydrated 24 hours a day, your workouts will suffer bigtime.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    12-15 cups on average.
  • TortugaRachel
    Options
    I try to estimate it as best I can when I log my food, but I carry around a water bottle with me everywhere. The bottle is marked for 8oz increments but some days I lose track because I just drink it because I like it.

I almost always do at least 6 MFP cups, more often than not it's more. I've found having that bottle with me just makes me want to keep drinking more water.