Filling foods

Options
What are the most filling foods that you don't have to eat a huge portion to feel full? I never feel full anymore!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You just have to eat enough.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Foods with fiber, fat, protein.
  • bienemajamfp
    bienemajamfp Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Cooked oatmeal mixed with greek yogurt and some berries.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that potatoes are the most filling, croissants the least filling.

The types of food that make us feel most satiated are FATS and PROTEIN and FIBER. On a reducing diet obviously you want to hit the protein and fiber, and avoid too much fat.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    For me, Greek yogurt, eggs, meat, bananas
  • marie9910
    marie9910 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Chicken never fails.
  • WafaeGettingFit
    WafaeGettingFit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A balanced meal fills me up, one that has all three macros (protein, carbs, and fat) and a decent amount of fiber. for me, it' usually some type of meat/chicken/turkey with vegetables and a starch on the side (potato, rice, bread...etc).
    whenever I cut significantly on one specific macro nutrition ,I tend to not get satisfied from my food. so the key is finding the right balance of macros for your body.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I started cutting carbs to 23-27 gram a day and increasing fat and protein. I find I eat fairly equal calories but feel satisfied. I use real butter, cream, sour cream, olive oil. Blue cheese. feta and gouda cheeses. An Atkins type diet.
    Wt loss is still slow for me but I feel satisfied and my blood sugar dropped to almost normal. 114-135.Great for DM2
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Foods high in protein and fiber. Some are filled with fats, others carbs. My favorite filling foods are lean protein (I tend to aim for 8-15 oz), egg whites, low sugar fruits (berries) and potatoes.
  • smckone
    smckone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For lunches I have been mixing half a can of tuna with a bit of mayo and a pickle, putting it on top of two plain rice cakes and adding a slice of tomato on top. Very filing and low cal.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    My go to meal is lean meat with two servings of non starchy vegetables and an English muffin with light laughing cow cheese. It's a lot of food and usually under 500 cals
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    8vgv3wuot7ko.jpg
    Behold
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    My go to meal is lean meat with two servings of non starchy vegetables and an English muffin with light laughing cow cheese. It's a lot of food and usually under 500 cals

Hmm... laughing cow on an English muffin. I must try this.
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I've been making a conscious effort to eat a lot more fruit and veg. It started off to prove it was impossible to eat 800g of the stuff a day - turns out it isn't and it has made a massive difference to the way I feel - seriously, I feel like I'm going to become one of those glowy YouTube children who eats nothing but plants, if only it wasn't for the cheese and meat and wine.

Anyway, back on topic, I think the sheer additional volume I can get into my calorie allowance, along with the added fibre, has been really helpful in making me feel full, which is important for me as I'm a healthy weight and very close to goal now.