Snacks

Options
What do you like to snack on? Looking for low calorie snacks that are tasty! E.g. I like to have caramel rice cakes they have around 60 per rice cake, what about you

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't really snack, I stick to three meals a day, and a fourth if I'm hungry, and/or something extra if I just want something - and then I'll eat the thing I want.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Triscuits, cheese (string or bite-size like Babybel), or fruit (grapes, clementine oranges, apples, dried cherries)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    to me 50-200 calories is a snack sized portion of calories...chicken pepperettes...half a bagel with cream cheese....string cheese.....berries...baby carrots or cherry tomatoes... granola bars (i love larabars at work) dry cereal like cheerios is awesome, Piece of PB toast.

I really have been on a granola bar kick though, Not sure why theres just so many yummy flavors. Larabars have a fudge like texture i love and fibre one has desert ones and a light peanutbutter one i love for my peanut butter cravings (Peanut butters calories break my heart...)

• lazyprincesss
    lazyprincesss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Celery, all the time! So low calorie, and keeps you busy for a little while.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Fruit, popcorn, string cheese, veggie dogs. And, at the moment, there's a lot of junk food in the house and I allow myself about 100 calories of it a day, but that's not typical and when it's gone, I won't be buying more.
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I agree with @kommodevaran

Most people seem to snack in an attempt to take the edge off hunger. I find that most people fair better by consolidating their calories more... meaning pushing what would be snack calories into their actual meals. This way they're getting to eat full, satiating meals throughout the day and there's less time having to think about food.

Beyond the fact that you're actually getting satiated and, thus, not accumulating deprivation... it's actually quite freeing in terms of mental energy, which you can dedicate toward other things that matter to you.

Not that snacking is bad. If it's what works for you... by all means. Just wanted to offer an alternative.

• robert2339
    robert2339 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For my morning snack I usually have one to two pieces of Evolve Paleo Sweet Beef Jerky. Then for my afternoon snack I have one container of Evolve Paleo Buffalo Chicken tenders w/ carrots and almonds. I try to make sure my snacks have little to no sugar and sodium, and are high in protein. In my opinion having a regimented snack routine keeps me from eating foods that deter me from my goals.
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I eat the fire outa some fruits and berries. Pineapple is my very favorite, along with raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and bananas.
  • dunlol
    dunlol Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Baked kirkland protein bars (they're a cheaper quest bar that tastes better imo) or a small bowl of blackberries and cheerios