Best and most accurate fitness watch

Options
I'm looking to get a new fitness watch, I have a polar loop at the moment but don't feel it's very accurate. Any recommendations? Thanks :)

Replies

• TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Do research on Google on the Samsung Gearfit2. It's a very accurate watch and you get a complementary premium subscription to MFP. Samsung Health is great, too.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Can you give more detail about what features you want and what you will be using if for?

thanks,
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Garmin has some excellent models, depending on what you want. I have a Vivosmart with GPS that tracks heart rate, sleep, workouts, steps, reminds me to move, lets me know when I have a text... Just about everything but cook my dinner.
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    What smartphone do u have?
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin, but either it underestimates or I am no good at tracking calories, because the math does not quite add up. The good news is I always lose more than I expect.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    deedee_xox wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a new fitness watch, I have a polar loop at the moment but don't feel it's very accurate. Any recommendations? Thanks :)

Accurate for what?

What type of training do you do, and what makes you think the Loop isn't doing what you want?
  • _NMW
    _NMW Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I mainly run so I have used the Garmin FR35 and FR235 and both were great, but love the advanced features of the FR235
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I love my Garmin (Fenix 3 HR).

I feel distance measurement for hiking is less accurate than it could be. For skiing, cycling, and running, it's spot on. This encourages me to create waypoints when I hike.

It's very accurate in burn zones, even at hiking speeds:

18182759656_ff37cee0cb_o_d.jpg

Fairly accurate in open spaces in the city, but sometimes with a weird offset:

16740379778_64e84943d1_o_d.jpg

Trees can be a problem, at any speed:

16946250645_6ae32d3f00_o_d.jpg

Buildings can make me look drunk:

16804294359_97a88cba69_o_d.jpg

If you think I'm being unkind, here's the F3 against a 7 year old Edge 800, both of these were recorded at the same time:

16300265123_431a0a91ce_o_d.jpg

16919282671_253b7283be_o_d.jpg

The ancient Edge nailed it.