Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    And?
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    that's ok! It's just one meal. Log it and move on :)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Was it good?
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 years to lose the weight I had to lose. I can't tell you how many times I caved and went WAY over on calories. Worst thing you can so is say 'kitten it, I ruined everything' because you did no such thing. You maybe out ate your deficit and at worst ate in a 500 calorie surplus. That's a 1 day setback. Don't look at the scale and freak out. Keep on keeping on and I hope you enjoyed the kitten out of that wendy's, don't beat yourself up!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I regularly have Wendy's, Taco Bell, sometimes McDonald's, last week KFC, etc. I've still lost 53 lbs. The key is that I don't have 3 tacos and a burrito for lunch and then a burger and fries for dinner anymore. Unless it somehow fits my calorie goal.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I don't really like wendys, but I eat McDonalds all the time (they have better fries!). Food is food, even when you are losing weight. Just track the calories and go.
  • Jabbarwocky
    Jabbarwocky Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    And the issue is? I had a slice of Perkin's coconut cream pie last night. Weighed in this morning at three and a half pounds down. As long as you're maintaining a reasonable weekly average its fine. Part of the reason I'm doing this is because I'm dancing the line of becoming a diabetic but I REFUSE to live in a world where I can't occasionally have pie/ice cream/bacon/insert your favorite guilty food pleasure here. Besides, I know me. Go to long without something like that, fighting the craving, and then the binge will begin. Better to have a little bit every now and then than to eat an entire pie or half gallon of ice cream at a sitting because I've deprived myself. This goes for savories as well as sweets although I would suggest you stay away from the fast food burgers as they tend to have trans fat in them,
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    So... just log it and move on :smile: each day we get a clean slate :smiley:
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    It happens. I think of myself as pretty committed. My wife calls me obsessed and I have off days. I got to gym this morning. stood in front of the crosstrainer and though "fukkit, I'm going for a shower and then to work"

Oh and I'm over my calorie limit. Tomorrow is another day.
  • tammyemarkle
    tammyemarkle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to my fitness pal. Pre-diabetic and trying to figure out how many carbs and sugar I should have. Anyone have any experience with that?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    New to my fitness pal. Pre-diabetic and trying to figure out how many carbs and sugar I should have. Anyone have any experience with that?

Welcome to MFP. You should probably start your own thread to get better advice. And/or talk to your doctor.
  • Jabbarwocky
    Options
    @Look_Its_Kriss Not sure about KFC as there isn't one in my town anymore so haven't had it in years but I know several fast food chains, not necessarily all, have trans fat in their burgers. DQ for sure as I've logged one of their burgers in the last year.
  • Jabbarwocky
    Options
    Granted, it could just be old MFP data as well.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I gave in a for a whole weekend , gained 4 lbs , took 10 days to lose it , lesson learned..
  • Jabbarwocky
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @Look_Its_Kriss Quick google check revealed that ALL restaurants are required to remove trans fats from their items by 2018 but several haven't done so yet. Wendy's was on the list with the Baconator Burger. This was a two year old article though so maybe, maybe not.

Edited to add 2018 to the restaurants requirement to remove trans fat.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I ate a 1700 calorie cheeseburger last week with bacon and fried cheese curds on top. I'm still on track to lose this week. It's ok to live life and eat what you want as long as it fits in your calorie goal.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I don't really like wendys, but I eat McDonalds all the time (they have better fries!). Food is food, even when you are losing weight. Just track the calories and go.

Me neither. Wendys taste bland to me. McD turns me off when they get their patties out from metal containers.

I prefer Carls Jr with their meat patties going through fire on a rotating conveyor belt.

• briohne128
    briohne128 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of a terrible day yesterday so I exercised loads in the evening! I feel bad about it but all we can do is move on and do better the next day :smile: