Please can I have some DVD recommendations

Options
shoppie
shoppie Posts: 618 Member
Please can I have some DVD recommendations? I've only just started doing them as I always used to swim/ run/ walk but now I have 3 kids and DH isn't home much workout DVDs are much easier to get round to do. I have 3 currently, all JM. I do enjoy them, I like the more cardio one best (banish fat boost metabolism) but could do with something with less jumping as my knee joints are suffering a bit. I am looking for something to really make me work though, maybe something with levels I can progress through? I found banish fat boost metabolism really hard initially and although I still get a good sweat I think I could work harder being honest. I'd like one without JM now I think :laugh: the other 2 I have are 30DS and no more trouble zones btw.

Please can you add a link to what you are tlaking about as I live in the UK and don't always know what you mean/ can't always find it.

Thank you!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Zumba! they're great :)
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fun. Also look into getting kettle werks. Kettle bell exercises usually burn more calories and work more of the body at once.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I reiterate HannahPendrigh's suggestion... I can't recommend Zumba highly enough! It's such fun, and a really good work-out.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Zumba and Turbo Jam / Turbo Fire are very fun! I really dislike Jillian Micheals! >.<
  • anberlingasm
    anberlingasm Posts: 177
    Options
    Davina is my guilty pleasure!
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's DVD's are good, my fav is all walking DVD (5 mile w/exercise band) incorporates upper body moves also. I jog and add ankle, hand, and sometimes a weighted vest, you can make it as tough or easy as you want. It will be a nice break if you are doing Jillian's workouts, the boost metabolism DVD is a killer!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I just bought some Gold's Gym ones and they have 3-10 minutes video on each DVD...some are specific toning...arms, hips, thighs.One is losing 10 pounds quick..some with yoga..i pop them in and keep changing it up so i don't get bored.
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump..I'm interested also
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    30 day shred I really liked it because it was only about 20 minutes long , it works your abs and strength plus cardio in that little time.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    * Callanetics 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours
    * Super Callanetics
    * Bob Harper's DVDs (he's the other trainer with JM, he got good stuffs)
    * Supreme 90 Day System (<$24, an lot more affordable version of the P90x, read the review on Amazon yourself)
  • shoppie
    Options
    Thanks for all the recommendations, lots to look at! sadly we don't seem to have the supreme 90 day hing over here, just P90x...I have gone for a Davina box set for now as it was cheap! :laugh:
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    Shakeology the workouts, you may like them there is a 30 and 50 min one.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have been using fitness DVDs for years and I have tried them all including 30 day shred, the Firm, Taebo, and the list goes on. By far my favorite is Turbofire. I have a weak knee and I am able to modify Turbofire and still get an awesome workout. If you are low on time I know 10 Minute trainer is also good and its by Tony Horton the guy who created p90x. Find something that you will enjoy and if you like kickboxing and dance moves together then Turbofire is for you. If you want something less choreographed then 10 Minute Trainer or even Rev Abs is good-by Brett Hoebel from the Biggest Loser. I bought Zumba but I was disappointed the live classes are way better than the DVDs.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Davina is my guilty pleasure!

I have to agree! Davina's DVD's really started the workout thing for me!!

I have her Power of 3 as it's 3 different work outs that are only 30 mins each - I did do her original one to lose my first 10kgs but the session was an hour long and I started to find it hard to fit it in.

Definitley worth a try! :smile:
  • shoppie
    Options
    I have a weak knee and I am able to modify Turbofire and still get an awesome workout.

This sounds good as my knees are really suffering from all he jumping in JM (and I think possibly the lunges but I am *very* careful about never extending my knee over my ankle) What do you adapt/ how?

ayshamc - I have order her original workout and the 3 x 3 min workouts for a song from Amazon - I figured I could do the shorter ones when I'm lacking time and longer when I can (especially weekends)
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    ayshamc - I have order her original workout and the 3 x 3 min workouts for a song from Amazon - I figured I could do the shorter ones when I'm lacking time and longer when I can (especially weekends)

Oh nice! I love the Power of 3 DVD - have to be honest and say that I haven't tried the Pilates work out that is on there, but I might actually give it a go now that I think about it.

Good luck with it, keep me posted on how you go :smile: