Replies

• BobbyLively1961
    BobbyLively1961 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I find I burn more calories all day when I workout early
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    It depends on you. Will waking up earlier give you the time to do things you otherwise wouldn't do? Will you be motivated to get out of bed and go work out? The best approach is just to try it and see if it works for you. If it does, great; if it doesn't, no harm done. I go to an early morning conditioning class twice a week, and I know nothing else is going to interfere with that unless I'm just not feeling well enough to get up early, but I'm pretty tired early in the evening on those days. During the summer, I also get up and go for a run at sunrise, because that's the only time it's cool enough to do it (and I'd rather get up early than run on a treadmill).
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    When I exercise first thing in the morning, my mood is greatly improved and I feel it just starts my day off right. It takes a while to build that habit and honestly it just sucks sometimes at first, but so worth it.
  • kclaar11
    kclaar11 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    When I exercise first thing in the morning, my mood is greatly improved and I feel it just starts my day off right. It takes a while to build that habit and honestly it just sucks sometimes at first, but so worth it.

Completely agree. It is a rough start, but once it becomes habit, you can't stop. I even get up on weekends at the same time
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I feel like recently I want to be more motivated, I feel as though I could help myself by waking up earlier each day and actually doing something such as a run or a walk. Does anyone else do this/ think it will help with my motivation?

thanks guys xo

Help with you motivation? Maybe in the very short term. It will get old in a hurry just as all of your other efforts at exercise have. "Motivation" is very short term. Motivation is fleeting, motivation is short lived, motivation, for the long term is B.S. Determination is what you're after. Motivation may be used to get you started, but to continue it's all determination. Getting up, getting out, doing what you need to do when you really don't want to, THEN you'll have the determination to get it done.

Will starting earlier in the morning help? It might, but it is specific to the person. Give it a try, you might like it.