What's your favorite Halo Top flavor?

Options

Replies

• karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My favorite was the lemon cake.... but just had the red velvet and it has taken the #1 spot. I know it has a few more calories but the texture is much creamier and not as much aftertaste
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    In order:

1. Red Velvet
    2. Smores
    3. Cookies and cream
    4. Peanut butter cup
    5. Sea salt saramel
    6. Cookie dough
    7. Mint chip
    8. Birthday cake
    9. Vanilla.
    10. Chocolate
    11. Mocha chip
    12. Pistachio
    13. Strawberry
    14. Lemon
    15. Chocolate almond crunch
    16. Oatmeal cookie
    17. Black Cherry
  • Lin_marie11
    Lin_marie11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I bought the birthday cake Halo Top and hated it. Today I was at Whole Foods and they had a ton of flavors to choose from. I bought the oatmeal cookie one and it's amazing!!! I could see myself easily eating the whole pint so I have to be careful. Sure beats buying a whole pint of Ben and Jerrys though.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Mint Chip. Anybody find it freezes way harder than regular icecream? Mine is rock solid, lol. I burn a few extra calories trying to spoon out a serving so that's a plus :D
  • njabbasi
    njabbasi Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My Favorites are:
    Vanilla!!!
    Oatmeal Cookie
    Almond Crunch
    Birthday Cake
    Also Good:
    Chocolate Mocha Chip -except there's no coffee flavor here for me
    Peanut Butter Cup
    Cookie Dough
    Strawberry
    Chocolate
    GROSS:
    Cookies and Cream - the icecream was so overly sweet..instead of vanilla think cream flavored icecream
    Still Want to Try:
    Scores
    Pistachio
    Red Velvet
  • andrea4736
    Options
    On a side note, I'm super jealous that my store only carries like 3 flavors :'(
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    andrea4736 wrote: »
    Mint Chip. Anybody find it freezes way harder than regular icecream? Mine is rock solid, lol. I burn a few extra calories trying to spoon out a serving so that's a plus :D

The company is aware of it. If you read the container it specifically tells you to let it sit and warm up/thaw for a little bit. It makes an enormous difference in texture. Some people cheat and nuke it briefly. :wink:
  • andrea4736
    Options
    andrea4736 wrote: »

The company is aware of it. If you read the container it specifically tells you to let it sit and warm up/thaw for a little bit. It makes an enormous difference in texture. Sine people cheat and nuke it briefly. :wink:

Ahhhh, thank you!!! Heaven forbid I actually read the label, lol.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake (you never forget your first Halo Top love)
    Vanilla (I'm a simple girl)
    Cookies and cream
    Salted caramel (I was very surprised by this because I shy away from anything "salt" but I couldn't even taste any)
    Peanut butter cup (it grew on me)
  • Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Oatmeal Cookie, Peanut Butter Cup and Birthday Cake. All yummy!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    They're on sale at my local Fred Meyers (and have been for at least 10 days) for 3.99. No way I'd pay $7. Anyway, I've only gotten cherry, but I went back for a second one last night. Not AMAZING, but solidly good. Love that it doesn't have stupid chocolate in it.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Mint Chip and Birthday Cake are blech. I couldn't even finish them and threw both in the trash.

I love Peanut Butter Cup, Red Velvet, Chocolate, Sea Salt Caramel.

Smore's tastes weird. Oatmeal Cookie is okay.

I think that's all I have tried, so far.
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I can answer my own thread question now! I didn't end up liking oatmeal that much because of the flakes. Mint is good but I like it better with some extra chocolate added. Red velvet is a new favorite, along with my first love salted caramel!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I still cant buy into the hype and I have a pint in my freezer that I have never tasted
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I think I already answered this but the peanut butter is so good I accidentally replied again!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I've tried them all. My favs are Sea Salt and vanilla. Worst (and some are bad) is the chocolate almond and oatmeal as a close second.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    We finally got some flavors at a store near me- so tonight I will try the oatmeal and I also bought the cookies and cream- can't wait to try- we also have lemon cake- but i did not buy it yet-
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like the peanut butter cup. Tastes too much like pb2.

But I LOVE the red velvet!
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Had vanilla where it was good once and the other few times tasted weird and chemically.

Really glad it's not just me! It's so weird. Happened to me with the caramel one too.
    Yeah... the vanilla sucks.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Had vanilla where it was good once and the other few times tasted weird and chemically.

Really glad it's not just me! It's so weird. Happened to me with the caramel one too.
    Yeah... the vanilla sucks.

I'm so surprised how many of you don't like the vanilla bean! I think it tastes really good! And I don't really eat much artificial sweetened foods so Im usually sensitive to those aftertastes. Oooor maybe I'm just used to all halo top ice creams? lol