Cheat days!

Options
Hello, I was curious what everyone does on their cheat days, if you have any?
Do you eat what you want all day? Or just a cheat meal?

Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I dont "cheat " any days or meals. If i want i make sure that it fits into the calorie deficit. If i really want a brownie it will be the first thing i log on that day, and work the rest the day around that one item that i really want. I also use the iifym method*
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I usually blow my calories all day in a magnificent binge... it doesn't happen often but it has lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I follow IIFYM, no cheat days
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options

you've never gone way over your calories for the day?
  • Pinkpanther_15
    Pinkpanther_15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    I usually blow my calories all day in a magnificent binge... it doesn't happen often but it has lol

Lol! Totally relatable!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »

you've never gone way over your calories for the day?

I go by weekly goal, not daily.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I don't do a whole day, but I eat out a few times a week, so I have a few days where I end up eating 300-500 or so calories more than typical. I try to spend them on things I LOVE but nothing that will stuff me silly. I also try to follow the "just one" rule: wine OR dessert OR bread basket OR app OR a decadent entree, but not more than 1 of those at a meal. (And if I did have all of the above or multiples of the above, I would make that ONE meal like that per week and the rest of the week would try to stick to my usual routine.)
  • AniaMania81
    AniaMania81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal once a week and a cheat day once a month. I eat anything I want on my cheat day. I usually make a list of all my cravings throughout the month so that I could have a good binge on cheat day lol.
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just do a bit more exercise during the week like walking an extra 30 mins a day but log them on a friday or saturday then treat myself with the extra calories.
    If i know im going out drinking then an extra gym trip or 2 as well but i must admit once in awhile i do just eat what i want for a day then try and work it off the following week but too many "cheat" day's could undo all your good work.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I do IIFYM when on a cut.

IIFYM on a clean bulk.

Stay under 10k daily on a dirty.

I don't sweat being over one day or even one week. My body tells me when I need more.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I do a "carb load" day once every two weeks. It's not technically a *day* but a meal. I used to avoid cheat days like the plague, but when I discovered how long a plateau can last, I decided I'd institute a "cheat day" and try to eat 1000 calories above my daily calorie goal twice a month. I've found that it helps keep me motivated and the diet feels less like a die-t and more like a "I can do this"-t.
  • Summerberry1012
    Summerberry1012 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I can't do cheat days.. it's a trigger for me to just completely let go. At least I don't label any days as cheat days. I just do what I do and try my best to meet my calorie goals each day. If I bomb a day.. or two (usually over the weekend) then I keep track of it but move on and get back to my routine the next day. No big deal.. it all evens out in the end.
  • fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I do free days once a week. On my free days, I eat what I want, but in moderation (binging throws me all out of whack and takes me days to recover). Though I don't worry about my calories counts (often don't log my food either) and I tend to eat the crappy stuff of been craving all week. It tends to be a high carb day (mostly refine carbs at that), but the few times oI've track the cals, I seem to end up somewhere around maintenance level or slightly above.

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Currently I allow myself 1 "splurge" meal (I don't like to call it a cheat) a week - usually on the weekend. Only 1 meal. It's something I look forward to and plan. Makes it a lot easier for me to turn away junk food or high calorie options during the week. Yesterday I turned down free pizza! :blush: *However some days I may eat a piece of chocolate or Halo Top ice cream when it fits in my calories.

This past Sunday I had a 33% bacon infused hamburger patty with mushrooms, french fries and half of an oreo brownie sunday! mmmm...
  • fatgirlandrobin
    fatgirlandrobin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't plan them, but sometimes I just really want something that's high calorie and I end up going a little over my daily goal. Or when I went to my best friend's wedding, most of the food wasn't very diet friendly so I just ate light, but I still had a slice of cake or had pizza for dinner with everyone.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm a little more lax on the weekends but I try to still make decent choices (think single cheeseburger instead of a double, with small fries instead of large), but I always tend to crave Mountain Dew, so I allow one of those every week. I usually don't track on weekends but still work out those days.
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    oh god this subject just got me super hungry.

my go to cheat meal is a stuffed crust meat lovers pizza with cheesey bread and a chocolate cookie cake from pizza hut / otherwise its 2 double quarter pounders with cheese large fry and large coke... yup I go ham on cheat days
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Options
    This is why people then post "Help, I'm not losing weight!"

One free-for-all day could easily wipe out your deficit for the whole week.

Eat the food you like but make it fit into your weekly calorie goal if your intent is to lose weight.
  • Pinkpanther_15
    Options
    oh god this subject just got me super hungry.

my go to cheat meal is a stuffed crust meat lovers pizza with cheesey bread and a chocolate cookie cake from pizza hut / otherwise its 2 double quarter pounders with cheese large fry and large coke... yup I go ham on cheat days

Omg, that is totally me! lol
  • Pinkpanther_15
    Options
    Thank you all for your opinions, greatly appreciated!! :)