Gave in last night!

Options
2»

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    BootCampC wrote: »
    I gave in a for a whole weekend , gained 4 lbs , took 10 days to lose it , lesson learned..

You didn't gain 4lbs of fat overnight, it was water, it can take a few days for this fall off, that explains the 10 days. You don't gain and lose 4lbs of fat in 10 days after one meal that isn't anywhere close to 14'000 calories above maintenance.

So perspective is required when assessing the impact of a day when you may have eaten over your goal or maintenance.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    BootCampC wrote: »
    I gave in a for a whole weekend , gained 4 lbs , took 10 days to lose it , lesson learned..

You didn't gain 4lbs of fat overnight, it was water, it can take a few days for this fall off, that explains the 10 days. You don't gain and lose 4lbs of fat in 10 days after one meal that isn't anywhere close to 14'000 calories above maintenance.

So perspective is required when assessing the impact of a day when you may have eaten over your goal or maintenance.

^^This. Hell I lost 3 lbs since yesterday. Want to know why? I had way under my sodium allowance and ~ 1/2 bottle of wine with dinner (went a little over calories for the day). So I lost 3 lbs of water. Fully expect the scale to be up tomorrow. My biggest 1 day gain was 4.6 pounds (pizza and Chinese food) and yeah, took a few days to lose.
  • bshrom11
    bshrom11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    It took me 2 years to lose the weight I had to lose. I can't tell you how many times I caved and went WAY over on calories. Worst thing you can so is say 'kitten it, I ruined everything' because you did no such thing. You maybe out ate your deficit and at worst ate in a 500 calorie surplus. That's a 1 day setback. Don't look at the scale and freak out. Keep on keeping on and I hope you enjoyed the kitten out of that wendy's, don't beat yourself up!

This! I have been on my journey for 2 plus years and have had so many moments where I back slid. Log it and move on don't beat yourself up.
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Oh man... I could kill a burger right now. And not apologize. :) That's the great thing about CICO. You fit it in and move along!
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    So... just log it and move on :smile: each day we get a clean slate :smiley:

Each meal is a clean slate! :)

I hate when I hear people say, "Oh I did bad these last few days, Ill start Monday again".
    There's no such thing as a reset/restart to a healthy lifestyle, living a healthy lifestyle is continuous, and there's never an end. You either want it, or you don't. When you eat one bad meal, make the next meal good and continue. Every time you put a time on your health like "starting again Monday", your just putting yourself back that much longer when all you have to do is eat right the next meal.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Did you dip your fries in your frosty? That's the best!