What is your resting heart rate ?

Options
No, not looking for a definition...
Just interested in comparing numbers.
I have a fitbit HR, when i look at my resting heart rate 30 day chart it shows a low of 71 and a high of 78....
Down about 10 bpm from a year or so ago but interested how my numbers compare.
If you have a similar heart rate monitor please respond with your corresponding 30 day low and high rhr # ....
This might in turn help build awareness and help with motivation (for one and all) to make healthier life choices regarding food and exercise...
I for one am admittedly still learning and a work in progress !
Thanks to any and all that reply !

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Low: 51

High: 61
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Mine changes very quickly in response to energy/carb intake. Those lows and highs were about 13 days apart. The uptick at the end is where I have reintroduced carbs after my RFL cut, and brought kcals back up to about 2040/day.

eklpm6ezdg8u.png
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I think the last time I checked it was 54, a few minutes after I woke up. It's mid 60s when I'm wandering around.
  • Babyurastar
    Babyurastar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sitting at my desk, my lowest was 54. I average 60.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    resting heart rate is usually in the mid to lower 50's.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Mine is consistently in the low 60's according to medical measurement, home BP monitor and Fitbit. Right now my Fitbit say 61.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    In the cycling season when I'm at peak fitness RHR is around 48.

Most of my life it's been low to mid 60's when feeling fit but taking cycling seriously has made a huge difference.
  • tamisteffens
    tamisteffens Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    30 day graph shows high 71, low 66. It looks like most days it's around 68-69.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Resting heart rate 44 and I've scared a few nurses who can hardly believe I'm not dizzy, lightheaded and about to faint. If I'm up and about it's in the 50's. When I run it's up to 160-170.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I took mine once I got home because I wasn't feeling well. 78. I bit higher than normal but I was rushing around.

BP was 104 over 56. Bit lowish. Could explain the higher pulse.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    When I was running regularly, 45-50. Not sure about now, since I've taken months off for an injury and (as I'm aware trying to start lifting again) I am not in condition at all. Maybe closer to mid-50's?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Mine used to regularly measure in the low 80's (measured at doctor's visits), but now since I started exercising, I hover between 63-65. I don't know why my heart rate is so high, but I'm glad I've lowered it.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I took mine once I got home because I wasn't feeling well. 78. I bit higher than normal but I was rushing around.

BP was 104 over 56. Bit lowish. Could explain the higher pulse.

If you were rushing around then it wouldn't be a resting heart rate.

Yes, which is why I added the disclaimer. I'm guessing resting is 5-15 lower.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I have worn my garmin to bed a few times and I get around 45.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The thirty day fitbit report says a low of 47 and high of 53. It's generally about 60 when sitting at my desk.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and my resting heart rate The past 30 days range from 43 - 51.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    A little derail, but how do you figure out your resting and max heart rate? I looked it up once, but I couldn't find my pulse. I have a chest HRM strap, no continual monitor. I like to use my heart rate for my runs, but the default Garmin zones seem low. Would I just throw on my strap first thing in the AM and start a fake activity to get my resting? How about max? I seem to hit my guestimated max HR during most runs. Does that seem right?