Best ways to meet people

Options
From_Within_
From_Within_ Posts: 44 Member
Alright, be honest - how do you meet people? And what's the reason behind it.. sex? Friendship? I would love hear the best story you have meeting people if ya wanna throw that in there.

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I draw pictures of cats and hope they like me.

9jsc1tg4x0dq.png
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I draw pictures of cats and hope they like me.

9jsc1tg4x0dq.png

Like you?

Hell, you just triggered a bromance !
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Sports leagues.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    People in my town are either old or on crack.

never both?

dang.... I reckon that I won't be visiting.

• Marthy101
    Marthy101 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew too ! I seriously have NO friends! A couple of online acquaintences, a couple of estranged dear friends. I need chick friends! ☹️
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Seriously, drawing cats.

7aq4a4437hyp.png
  • wardamnirish056
    wardamnirish056 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I tried using Meetup, just to get out and get involved with something, but the meetups around here are lame.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I practically live between one gym or another.. Most of my friends are around the gym!
    That and I've had a few clients in the past that have turned into awesome friends (I even broke the golden rule of not dating a client a couple of times..)

I think that generally we meet people and interact with people we have similar interests with.

As for what to meet people for - never been a 'short term' 'one night only' guy myself - I value bonds and I don't trust easily so, when I look for 'more' I basically look for the female version of myself.
  • Dyl1789
    Dyl1789 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Options
    I have one friend and he lives in another country, I have people I know, but no one I would consider close.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I have no social life. My shyness and awkwardness keep me away from having RL "friends". Most of my friend are in my pocket... sad I know lol but to be fair, most RL people suck. My imaginary friends are awesome!

But I'm real!
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Jail.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I meet people through common interests. I skate so I've lots of friends through that. I curl, I've made friends there. I have neighbourhood friends because a e we have Kids and live in the same hood.

I have my friends I make randomly, like the guy who worked at the local drugstore and I see around town. Just be open and friendly and talk to people
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Have an interest/hobby/activity that many other people do. Do that thing. Meet other people who do that thing.
    Know someone who is social. Meet people through them.

I met people most through school or work and after that through my husband or some very social friends.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    km8907 wrote: »
    People in my town are either old or on crack.

never both?

dang.... I reckon that I won't be visiting.

The old people are rich. Like Whitney said, crack is cheap, God rest her soul.