Normal, right?

Options
Today was my check-in....

I didn't exercise at all last week ... =(
But I DID stay within my calories almost every day...
and water intake was even minimal... =(

So, is it normal to lose 2 pounds, and have a possible measurement increase (hips/waist)?

-- Maybe I'm not sure of where my waist/hips are... LOL wowser... need an "x" tattooed on both so I can find the same spot every time... hehehehe =)

Anyone else experiencing this?

Replies

• mrnjen2009
    mrnjen2009 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Today was my check-in....

I didn't exercise at all last week ... =(
    But I DID stay within my calories almost every day...
    and water intake was even minimal... =(

So, is it normal to lose 2 pounds, and have a possible measurement increase (hips/waist)?

-- Maybe I'm not sure of where my waist/hips are... LOL wowser... need an "x" tattooed on both so I can find the same spot every time... hehehehe =)

Anyone else experiencing this?
  • mandersen16
    Options
    The calories you eat are assuming you want to lose weight. If you exercise, they give you more calories to eat.

So it is possible to not workout and still lose because you're not eating as many calories.

I also have that problem where I am pretty sure I don't measure the same spot every time!
  • PussyKat
    PussyKat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Measuring in exactly the same spot each time can be difficult, as can remembering exactly how tightly you pulled the measuring tape, so don't worry about it! If you were on track with your calories, and lost 2lb, I doubt your measurements have increased.
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Measuring in exactly the same spot each time can be difficult, as can remembering exactly how tightly you pulled the measuring tape, so don't worry about it! If you were on track with your calories, and lost 2lb, I doubt your measurements have increased.

VERY good point!
  • NoraEE
    NoraEE Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Technically, measurements should be taken this way:

Bust: widest possible point
    Waist: narrowest point
    Hips: wisest point

Depending on the length of torso and legs, these will be different places on different people's bodies, but measuring in those places will ensure that you're accurately tracking your own progress.
  • mrnjen2009
    mrnjen2009 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!!!