What's YOUR weakness when it comes to the opposite gender?

Options

Replies

• merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Well since most comments from the ladies seems to be mostly about personality. I'm gonna go on the side of looks lol.

Broad shoulders. Strong back. And toned arms and abdomen. :open_mouth:

Personally it's really nice/refreshing to see this reply, I'm a huge believer that everybody looks for something physically too!

I mean, I think it's obvious that we would all rather date somebody that we like the personality of (otherwise it's a no go from the start isn't it) - just, I refuse to believe that physical attraction doesn't play a part for anybody!

Yea I am huge on personality too of course. But if the guy is not attractive to me then I wouldn't be interested. Not saying he has to be attractive to everyone else. Just to me. :)

I wish I could tell you how many times I've tried explaining this exact thing to people!

I think people tend to think it's being shallow. But everyone has something that they aren't willing to give on.

True, my issue is that I think people tend to 'settle' instead of searching for what it is they look for in somebody - I've never been prepared to do that. I have a specific idea of what I like in a girl.
    Maybe some people it doesn't matter to but, I've learned that for me at least - personality alone just doesn't make the cut!

Then again, I think it ties in with my lifestyle - naturally I want somebody with a similar lifestyle and those people tend to be athletic/lean. So, I guess it's that too!

I get it. When you find the right person, you'll know. No need to settle. That's for sure

I get it too. It's not shallow persay. You care about the outside as well as the inside.... both are needed for true attraction.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Well since most comments from the ladies seems to be mostly about personality. I'm gonna go on the side of looks lol.

Personally it's really nice/refreshing to see this reply, I'm a huge believer that everybody looks for something physically too!

I mean, I think it's obvious that we would all rather date somebody that we like the personality of (otherwise it's a no go from the start isn't it) - just, I refuse to believe that physical attraction doesn't play a part for anybody!

Yea I am huge on personality too of course. But if the guy is not attractive to me then I wouldn't be interested. Not saying he has to be attractive to everyone else. Just to me. :)

I wish I could tell you how many times I've tried explaining this exact thing to people!

I think people tend to think it's being shallow. But everyone has something that they aren't willing to give on.

True, my issue is that I think people tend to 'settle' instead of searching for what it is they look for in somebody - I've never been prepared to do that. I have a specific idea of what I like in a girl.
    Maybe some people it doesn't matter to but, I've learned that for me at least - personality alone just doesn't make the cut!

Then again, I think it ties in with my lifestyle - naturally I want somebody with a similar lifestyle and those people tend to be athletic/lean. So, I guess it's that too!

I get it. When you find the right person, you'll know. No need to settle. That's for sure

I get it too. It's not shallow persay. You care about the outside as well as the inside.... both are needed for true attraction.

I tend to find that for the most part, its people that have settled that consider it shallow.
    I'd rather anybody that was with me - were physically attracted to me as well as emotionally :)
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    It's a tough situation when you've settled and now you're resentful and project it on others.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options

I tend to find that for the most part, its people that have settled that consider it shallow.
    I'd rather anybody that was with me - were physically attracted to me as well as emotionally :)

I don't think having physical traits you find attractive is shallow. But I also know those can change, or become less important, if you find someone that checks all the personality and emotional boxes. My husband doesn't have all of the physical traits I find attractive, but I still think he's the sexiest man alive because he has all the non physical traits I wanted, and it made the physical attraction so much more. I don't feel like I settled at all... I feel like I hit the jackpot. :)
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

I agree 100%, but looks wise it its harder for me to define...I don't have a "type" I guess, I just know it when I see it.

Personality attributes are easier for me to define. I just posted this a page or two back but...

- kindness and wit
    - men's hips
    - I'll add in a healthy looking body, skin, hair, nails, teeth and being clean and well groomed
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    I don't like to see them cry. that's my kryptonite
  • BeefyUk
    BeefyUk Posts: 2,602 Member
    Options
    Short pretty petite / curvy women .......I'm 6'2" & i like my ladies 5'5" & under ......& yes it is a pain carrying a tape measure around with me :)
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A Genuine heart. A real passion for things that matter. a willing to be all and give his all. If I see he's pure and selfless. Sweet, quick witted, a crooked grin and a good sense of humor, I'm so done for <3

Whoops! And let me not forget..dark hair <3 rawr.

This. <3 I like all this but in a woman. And for her to lift.
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    nails done and long flowy hair gets me everytime!
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Beards, muscles and nice hair.
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    At this current day and time... Jamie Dornan... :D<3
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    She can make me laugh at myself...

That for some reason is probably the biggest weakness I have

Combine that with a little sarcasm and I'm done... Lol

However note, it takes real skill to make someone laugh at themselves without being insulting. Although I have met a few on here that seem to just do it naturally...
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    your quirks. Which means I have to get to know you and see those quirks first hand to find someone attractive.
  • Staceygram
    Staceygram Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Actually I married and divorced tall and muscular with long dark hair and blue eyes. Before that I dated short and thin with short blonde hair and brown eyes. I'm currently dating short and stocky with a buzzed head and hazel eyes. One was clean shaven, one had a beard and one had a goatee. I'm happier right now because we have a lot shared interests. If there is something physical I go for I haven't figured it out yet.
  • shortgirlsneedlovetoo
    shortgirlsneedlovetoo Posts: 4,592 Member
    Options
    :)
    BeefyUk wrote: »
    Short pretty petite / curvy women .......I'm 6'2" & i like my ladies 5'5" & under ......& yes it is a pain carrying a tape measure around with me :)

Hi
  • shortgirlsneedlovetoo
    shortgirlsneedlovetoo Posts: 4,592 Member
    Options
    fidycixer wrote: »

Just get a tattoo at 5'5".
    Something discrete like..."Must be this size or less to ride this ride."

That's awesome lol
  • suzannelouisethompson
    Options
    I'm a sucker for a good sence of humor and a great smile :)
  • BeefyUk
    BeefyUk Posts: 2,602 Member
    Options
    :)

Hi

Hi ........* out comes the tape measure * :)