No weight loss for 6 weeks

Options
When i started i lost 8lbs since that, I've not lost a pound

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    When was the last time you changed your calorie goal? Are you weighing your food and logging everything you consume? How close are you to a healthy weight?
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Are you sharing as a cathartic release, or do you want help?

If you want help, then you have to give people something to work with
    - your stats
    - your cal target
    - what's going on, and for how long
    - maybe open your diary
  • tjpwhitelion
    tjpwhitelion Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    When was the last time you changed your calorie goal? Are you weighing your food and logging everything you consume? How close are you to a healthy weight?

I've not changed my calorie goal since 9th January this year, when i started with heathly eating and exercise (had my second baby 8 months ago), I weigh all my food and count everything I'm eating and drinking. I currently weigh 12st 9lbs and need to get down to 9st 4lbs, currently 3st 5lb off target
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I've not changed my calorie goal since 9th January this year, when i started with heathly eating and exercise (had my second baby 8 months ago), I weigh all my food and count everything I'm eating and drinking. I currently weigh 12st 9lbs and need to get down to 9st 4lbs, currently 3st 5lb off target

whats your calorie goal? what is your exercise routine?
  • tjpwhitelion
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »

- your stats
    - your cal target
    - maybe open your diary

For help, I'm struggling and thought asking for help might give me some​ clues.
    I'm 5ft 6inc tall, weigh 12st 9lbs, my calorie target is 1200 a day. I do 1 hour of exercise per day, 30 minutes on the cross trainer and 30 minutes yoga. I've been stuck at the same weight for 6 weeks, my first 4 weeks i managed to lose 8lbs.

I've sent you a friend request.

Thanks
  • tjpwhitelion
    Options

My calorie goal is 1200 per day and i do 1 hour of exercise a day, with 30 on the cross trainer and 30 yoga. I had only been doing exercises 5 or 6 days a week, but then i didn't lose anything so increased
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Its not just the exercise that helps us lose weight its eating at calorie deficit - exercise just increases the deficit.
    Are you eating any of your exercise calories back?
    1200 a day is low for someone who has to lose 3 stone but if you aren't losing something is off - you say you are logging your foods, are you using a food scale and picking the correct entries in the database?
    If you are eating your exercise cals, are you eating all of them? MFP over estimates calorie burn so be aware of that and eat back 50%.
    Are you having a 'cheat' day? if so you could be undoing all your good work.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

My calorie goal is 1200 per day and i do 1 hour of exercise a day, with 30 on the cross trainer and 30 yoga. I had only been doing exercises 5 or 6 days a week, but then i didn't lose anything so increased

can you open your diary?

how many calories are you estimating you burn during a workout?
  • tjpwhitelion
    Options
    Its not just the exercise that helps us lose weight its eating at calorie deficit - exercise just increases the deficit.
    Are you eating any of your exercise calories back?
    1200 a day is low for someone who has to lose 3 stone but if you aren't losing something is off - you say you are logging your foods, are you using a food scale and picking the correct entries in the database?
    If you are eating your exercise cals, are you eating all of them? MFP over estimates calorie burn so be aware of that and eat back 50%.
    Are you having a 'cheat' day? if so you could be undoing all your good work.

I do have a cheat day at the weekend, i like to have a couple of drinks with friends, maybe it's the alcohol, i do count it.
  • tjpwhitelion
    Options

can you open your diary?

Cross trainer 430, then yoga depending on the class around 124
  • tjpwhitelion
    Options

can you open your diary?

Sent you a friend request
  • tjpwhitelion
    Options
    If you're not losing at "1200 calories" then I would suggest you aren't tracking your calories accurately.

Everything i eat is scanned and drinks too, nearly all of my foods and drinks, with the exception of fruit.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

can you open your diary?

Cross trainer 430, then yoga depending on the class around 124

Unfortunately its VERY doubtful that you are burning that much for either exercise.

you need to weigh stuff like rice and chili with scales not cups.
  • Theo166
    Options

- your stats
    - your cal target
    - maybe open your diary

I'm 5ft 6inc tall, weigh 12st 9lbs, my calorie target is 1200 a day. I do 1 hour of exercise per day, 30 minutes on the cross trainer and 30 minutes yoga. I've been stuck at the same weight for 6 weeks, my first 4 weeks i managed to lose 8lbs.

Thanks

So it looks like your BMR is 1474, at Sedentary activity that would be a TDEE of 1670 calories. You should be losing over 1/2 lb a week, if you were eating back all your exercise. So, it's likely that you aren't accurate in counting your calories.

Do you use a scale, and are you eating back your exercise calories?

Maybe read through the first post in this old thread and then respond here.
    Calorie Counting 101
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Cheat days especially not counted alcohol will wipe out all your good work
    Have treats in your calories drop cheat anything makes calorie counting sound like something that's too strict :)
  • tjpwhitelion
    Options

- your stats
    - your cal target
    - maybe open your diary

Thanks

So it looks like your BMR is 1474, at Sedentary activity that would be a TDEE of 1670 calories. You should be losing over 1/2 lb a week, if you were eating back all your exercise. So, it's likely that you aren't accurate in counting your calories.

Calorie Counting 101

I do use scales where the food is not pre packaged, fruit is weighed, and i check the weight against the amount pre entered on here. I don't usually eat back all calories, but thought this would help.
  • Theo166
    Options

- your stats
    - your cal target
    - maybe open your diary

Thanks

Calorie Counting 101

I do use scales where the food is not pre packaged, fruit is weighed, and i check the weight against the amount pre entered on here. I don't usually eat back all calories, but thought this would help.

Even food that's prepackaged needs to be weighed. They may give you the calories for one bagel but when you check the weight, it may be 20% higher than the weight they used on the label.

It does look like you have good tracking in your diary, stick with it and the weight will come off. Here's another good thread to read through
    It is unlikely that you will lose weight consistently (i.e., weight loss is not linear)
  • WafaeGettingFit
    WafaeGettingFit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Cheat days especially not counted alcohol will wipe out all your good work
    Have treats in your calories drop cheat anything makes calorie counting sound like something that's too strict :)
    Yup, that's why cheat days never work for me unfortunately. I just end up canceling the deficit I built up all week.

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing you are eating maintenance calories. Your cheat meals may be more than you think. Same with the alcohol. The scanner is great, but isn't always right. Same with the exercise calories.

Consider resetting your goal to 1 pound per week. Weigh everything you consume. Eat back 1/4-1/2 of your exercise calories.