Just because you did it does't mean I can.

Options
Everyday is a uphill battle to reach a goal or two I don't know each day if I will make it but I still try hoping to reach for any little bit of achievement.

Replies

• cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    No, you can. It's a matter of how bad you want it.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You're right- because when you compare yourself to other people, you're not using your own strength and you are using excuses. If you compare yourself to others and base your success as failures because they aren't as big... you won't succeed. But... if you do you - do what works for you, understand there will be set backs, and progress doesn't always look like progress - you will succeed...
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Yes you can, and this is how...

Don't set some large goal that just looks insurmountable...

Your only goal is to do better than you did last week...

When I first started I had no idea where the road would lead me. I just new that if I could lose just 5lbs, I would be that much better off and then lose another 5lbs and another...

With no goal or end insight I set out to just improve week after week after week....

A few things changed for me, I realized that this was going to be a life long commitment so there was no goal weight or any time line and since my only goal was to improve, I fell in love with the things that improve us, eating healthy and exercise

• roullmann
    roullmann Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Never compare yourself to anyone else. Focus on what works for you and take it one step at a time. Focus on progress, not perfection. You got this!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Everyday is a uphill battle to reach a goal or two I don't know each day if I will make it but I still try hoping to reach for any little bit of achievement.

Most of us were like that or still are like that. Just because we reached a goal doesn't mean we aren't still battling to reach more or didn't fight like hell to get this far.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Of course you can. Like many things in life, it's a choice. If you want it bad enough, you do what it takes to make it happen. If not, you find excuses not to. It's as simple as that.

Making it happen means tracking your calories rigorously and maintaining a modest calorie deficit daily. It helps to get some kind of physical activity as often as you can, preferably daily, but it isn't necessary. That's it. Nothing more is required. If you do that, you WILL lose weight.

You CAN do it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,062 Member
    Options
    Oh, my gosh! Look at that before and after picture. Looks like you're KILLIN' it.

Well done. :)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Oh, my gosh! Look at that before and after picture. Looks like you're KILLIN' it.

Well done. :)

^^ This